Euthanasia to be granted for people who feel they have 'completed' life
People who feel they have “completed life” will soon be able to get help with assisted dying after the controversial decision was made.
In 2002, the Netherlands made history by becoming the first country to legalise euthanasia, but anyone seeking such an end would need to be suffering unbearable pain with no hope of a cure.
Health and justice ministers wrote in a letter to parliament this week details remained to be worked out but that people who "have a well-considered opinion that their life is complete, must, under strict and careful criteria, be allowed to finish that life in a... read more
- 07:30 'Pleasure Island is in my blood - I will miss it' - Melanie Wood on...
- 07:30 The sting in the tail for a star of Grimsby's Flog It! ahead of its...
- 07:30 How grief for his wife spurred Charlie to volunteer - and he's...
- 07:29 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Oct 28
- 07:29 Philippine mayor among 10 killed in shootout as drug war enters new...
- 07:28 Some of the gigs taking place in the Dispatch area this weekend
- 07:28 Adam Murray: ‘Mansfield Town will make the play-offs’
- 07:28 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:28 Eni posts third-quarter net loss, misses expectations
- 07:28 UBS sees tough markets ahead as third-quarter profit drops
- 07:28 Total third-quarter beats forecast on increased output and cost...
- 07:27 Royal Bank of Scotland sees more losses in third quarter
- 07:24 Thieves leave 'scene of devastation' after ransacking church for money
- 07:24 Woman accused of murdering boyfriend by stabbing him in chest...
- 07:23 'Evil' bully's reign of terror which left disabled girlfriend 'broken'
- 07:23 EU gives food clean bill of health over herbicides
- 07:22 Nikkei climbs to fresh 6-month high as rising yields help financial...
- 07:21 Phil Brown tells Hull City fans what they'll get from Neil McDonald
- 07:21 Q&A with new Hull KR coach Tim Sheens as he talks City of Culture...
- 07:21 Family’s thanks for support after fire destroys their Swinstead home
- 07:21 NHS 'hundreds of millions of pounds short' regaining cash from...
- 07:20 Manchester United receive Chris Smalling injury boost
- 07:19 Iain Duncan Smith to urge PM to scrap £3.4bn Universal Credit cuts
- 07:18 Barnet suffer major blow ahead of Hartlepool visit
- 07:18 William Scott Abbott Trust receives last of money it needs to...
- 07:17 South Derbyshire food hub in Swadlincote celebrates feeding 1,000th...
- 07:17 Traffic, travel and weather for Burton and South Derbyshire
- 07:17 Russia says Syria should look at gas attacks, dimming sanctions hopes
- 07:17 Two men charged with tampering with three ATMs in Grantham
- 07:17 Keep children safe this Halloween