Eurostar aims to cut 80 jobs as traffic suffers after attacks
Train operator Eurostar wants to cut 80 jobs this year as it struggles with weak traffic on the service that links Britain with continental Europe after a string of deadly attacks in Paris and Brussels, a spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
The company could not confirm British media reports saying Eurostar would cut two daily trains to Paris and one to Brussels when it unveils its 2017 timetables in December, the spokeswoman said.
"Nothing has been finalised yet," she said. "We're looking at all the different options."
"But we are offering voluntary redundancies, that's... read more
- 12:15 Uffington man’s call for women to be aware of ovarian cancer
- 12:15 Health plan ‘not good enough’ says county council leader
- 12:15 Andrew Neil calls London attacker ‘poundland terrorist’ in...
- 12:14 Work to start on repairing damaged M180 bridge
- 12:14 National mortality statistics at health trust pubclished
- 12:14 Pub's £130,000 beer garden will have to be taken down
- 12:13 CANTEEN is back - here's a peek of the incredible street food on...
- 12:13 Chester young people facing disadvantage to be mentored by world...
- 12:13 Stephanie Davis vows to ‘keep going strong’ with son Caben-Albi as...
- 12:12 Train delays in Lincoln, Grantham and Skegness after power cut
- 12:12 Charities join together to win the public's support
- 12:12 Top boxers aid Blackpool man’s specialist underpants firm
- 12:12 Awards success for VetPlus
- 12:12 Barry Meyers to rejoin JPMorgan after almost two years at Barclays
- 12:11 Have your say: Harrogate planning fees to rise in reform of system
- 12:11 Are Dave King and Rangers finally moving in the right direction? -...
- 12:11 Have your say on plans to replace historic Hartlepool statue
- 12:10 Loro Piana: A rare kind of luxury
- 12:10 Man receives postcard in the mail 40 years after it was sent
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 12:08 Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
- 12:08 Swifts to fly high with council help
- 12:08 Meet Lois’s new running partner that has helped her train for a...
- 12:08 Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips unveiled as first star ambassador...
- 12:08 Coronation Street Insider: Sinead suffers heartbreaking miscarriage
- 12:08 Driver who sped through Antwerp shoppers faces terrorism charges
- 12:07 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne