European shares weighed by weak commodity stocks, luxury stocks rise
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets) Adds details, updates prices)
* STOXX 600 index down 0.5 percent, down 7 pct in 2016
* Miners, oils top sectoral losers as commodity prices fall
* LVMH rises after strong sales, buoys peers
* Old Mutual top STOXX loser as South African assets hit
By Danilo Masoni and Sudip Kar-Gupta
MILAN/LONDON, Oct 11 European shares closed slightly lower on Tuesday, weighed down by weaker commodity stocks, while shares of major luxury goods companies rose... read more
- 21:49 Derby man stabbed teen to death outside bar in 'row over nothing'
- 21:46 Hull RAF man Elliot Platten claims taking anti-malaria drug Lariam...
- 21:45 Higher and higher! More kids than ever smoking cannabis since US...
- 21:45 200 fans face banning orders over violence at West Ham-Chelsea cup tie
- 21:44 Slow moving traffic hits A595 after accident
- 21:44 Armed police and dogs to patrol London Underground
- 21:44 Andy Murray comes from behind to beat Gilles Simon in Vienna
- 21:43 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte missed a trick: Paul Merson reckons...
- 21:40 Andy Murray extends winning streak to 12 games by beating Gilles...
- 21:38 Man Utd legend Ryan Giggs to miss out on Wigan job: Club turn to...
- 21:38 Man City handed double fitness boost ahead of West Brom game
- 21:38 Dad's terror as two inch 'Asian hornet' invades his house
- 21:36 Why people in Derby are snubbing black cats
- 21:36 WADA report into Rio 2016 anti-doping operation criticises "serious...
- 21:32 WADA report into Rio 2016 anti-doping operation criticises "serious...
- 21:32 Former Manchester United star Patrice Evra urges fans to 'say no to...
- 21:30 Can Apple change the way we watch TV? Tim Cook launches new 'cord...
- 21:30 Cannabis could enhance your night vision: Study finds it boosts...
- 21:30 Why Man City manager Guardiola has been thanked by Ancelotti
- 21:27 115 new apartments planned for Nottingham's historic Lace Market
- 21:22 Amazon's quarterly revenue jumps 29 percent
- 21:22 Deutsche Boerse's third quarter operating profit rises, sells BATS...
- 21:22 US STOCKS-Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- 21:22 Egypt's Sisi pledges reviews of protest law, detentions
- 21:22 Colombia delays peace talks with ELN rebels until captive freed
- 21:20 West Ham identify 200 people for banning orders after Chelsea violence
- 21:15 Three Cheshire West councillors summonsed for non-payment of...
- 21:14 Vitamin D effectiveness in pregnancy affected by time of year and...
- 21:12 WATCH: Assassin's Creed leap of faith performed by Derbyshire...
- 21:08 Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq