European shares steady as firmer luxury stocks offset weaker banks
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* LVMH rises after strong sales
* Other luxury good stocks also outperform
* STOXX 600 index down around 7 pct so far in 2016
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Oct 11 European stock markets were steady on Tuesday as gains in the shares of major luxury goods companies, after strong figures from LVMH, offset the impact of weaker bank stocks.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index was flat and still down by around 7 percent since the start of 2016.
Berkeley... read more
- 00:24 US calls for 'major' Nafta overhaul
- 00:19 10 common myths about schizophrenia that are just not true
- 00:18 Freeze-dried dung gives clue to Asian elephant stress
- 00:17 Got your A-level results? Here’s how to decide where you want to go...
- 00:17 Didn’t get the A-level results you wanted? Here’s what you should do
- 00:17 You’ve missed your university offers – so how does Clearing work?
- 00:15 Virgil van Dijk in London: Chelsea target’s location exposed on...
- 00:15 Christian Pulisic to Liverpool: Star prefers move to Real Madrid or...
- 00:14 Cumbrian teen to meet Prime Minister today
- 00:13 Call for extra care home places as demand predicted to soar
- 00:13 Terror hotline tip-offs soar by 600 per cent after UK attacks
- 00:13 A-level results: Top tips for caring parents
- 00:13 A-level results: Finding your perfect course through the clearing...
- 00:13 A-Level Results Day 2017: Students receive grades after major shake-up
- 00:13 This is why children and teenagers eating breakfast is so important
- 00:11 Brum bin workers crush council cut
- 00:07 Trump happy Kim has delayed plans
- 00:07 Palestine: Protesters shot at trying to prevent house demolition
- 00:07 Northern Ireland: May spurns physical north-south border
- 00:07 May refuses to rule out state visit despite latest bigotry
- 00:07 Corbyn slams ‘nazi-like’ Islamophobia in the Sun
- 00:07 Britain plummeting into a ‘cost-of-living crisis’
- 00:07 Fracking: Shale rock professor says UK gas reserves 'hyped'
- 00:06 West Ham chairman David Sullivan working 20 hour days during summer...
- 00:04 Real Madrid 2 - Barcelona 0 (5-1 agg): Asensio and Benzema seal...
- 00:04 Everton boss Ronald Koeman refuses to rule out deal for Chelsea...
- 00:04 Real Madrid v Barcelona: Five things we learned from Zinedine...
- 00:00 Cineworld’s living staff deserve a living wage
- 00:00 The EU fly in the ointment
- 00:00 Sierra Leone: Families urged to help identify the victims