European shares steady, although Ericsson slumps
* STOXX 600 flat
* Ericcson slumps after profit warning, Nokia also falls
* Airline stocks, PageGroup gain (Adds detail and quotes, updates prices)
By Kit Rees
LONDON, Oct 12 European stock markets were steady on Wednesday, although Sweden's Ericsson led the region's technology stocks down to a one month-low after issuing a profit warning.
The STOXX 600 index struggled to find direction and traded flat in percentage terms by 0848 GMT, having fallen in the previous session.
Germany's DAX also fell 0.2 pct, while Britain's blue-chip FTSE 100 index dropped 0.5 percent. The UK's FTSE 250... read more
- 17:13 Birmingham City transfers: Gianfranco Zola set for double defender...
- 17:13 Why Aston Villa might as well start engraving their...
- 17:13 Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Wolves: The odds on who will finish...
- 17:13 Cohen Bramall rates his Arsenal debut after Under-23s appearance
- 17:13 Conor McGregor's Manchester black tie event to be streamed live on...
- 17:13 Chelsea ace speaks out after signing deal: I am very happy, it's...
- 17:12 16 global beach festivals you have to visit in 2017
- 17:11 Britain's FTSE falls most since June 2016 after PM May's Brexit speech
- 17:11 Gambia's President Jammeh declares state of emergency
- 17:11 Cats Protection charity shop in Morecambe shuts down
- 17:11 Chairs will give dads of newborns a place to rest at Warwick Hospital
- 17:11 Nigerian air force kills civilians by accident in northeastern...
- 17:11 Council tax rise planned for Calderdale residents
- 17:10 Man and wife councillors received a court summons over £700 unpaid...
- 17:09 Identity of fatal house fire victim is revealed by coroner’s office
- 17:09 Manchester United winning the FA Cup was the biggest achievement of...
- 17:09 State of emergency declared in The Gambia
- 17:09 Rape victims' champion who made legal history to be laid to rest in...
- 17:09 Hunt for Ben Geraghty wanted after string of violent crimes in Hull
- 17:09 The seven things Hull learnt from Theresa May's Brexit speech
- 17:09 Body anxious teens avoid PE, says report
- 17:08 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte identifies his No.1 target to replace...
- 17:08 A15 reopens after lorry overturns
- 17:07 Louis van Gaal's dream team: From Rivaldo to Luis Figo, Danny Blind...
- 17:07 Chelsea interested in Middlesbrough starlet Adama Traore as...
- 17:07 Sire De Grugy ruled out of Berkshire Community Foundation Clarence...
- 17:06 BMW, UK car industry say Britain needs to keep tariff-free EU trade
- 17:06 Harrogate mother felt "belittled and laughed at" during gym induction
- 17:05 Top tips if you’re heading to the slopes this season
- 17:05 E-fits released after woman is bundled into a car and slashed with...