European shares rebound from 1-week low, banks recover
European shares bounced back from a one-week low on Tuesday, mirroring gains in Asia where stocks rose after Democrat Hillary Clinton was perceived by financial market participants to be the winner of the first U.S. presidential debate late on Monday.
Many investors appear to see Clinton as the preferred candidate, while few are sure what a Trump presidency might mean for international trade or the domestic economy. A CNN poll of viewers showed 62 percent thought Clinton won the debate with 27 percent for Trump.
Cyclical stocks were in demand, with Europe's main banks index up 0.9 percent,... read more
- 10:31 GALLERY: Amazing pictures from inside the derelict Royal Court Theatre
- 10:31 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:30 Well-known Burnley youth club leader dies
- 10:30 This is how Warwick University is supporting women in engineering
- 10:29 Tony Abbott signals he'll cross the floor to vote against...
- 10:29 'Please let me lay him to rest' Grieving sister issues burial plea...
- 10:28 Yorkshire cycle scheme helping young and old
- 10:28 Ripon shop burglary: CCTV image of suspect
- 10:26 Knight’s Days - the Life at Westminster column with MP Sir Greg Knight
- 10:26 Blackpool South MP’s concern at sharing of student’s data
- 10:26 World record bid at Blackpool music event
- 10:26 Amelia’s Americana sound is unplugged
- 10:26 Fylde Coast GPs will not offer hayfever remedies
- 10:26 Hundreds turn out for charity Big Toddle at Blackpool Zoo
- 10:25 Man Utd fans praise Ashley Young for crashing Harry Kane’s England...
- 10:25 Love among the ruins: Park Hill exhibition to reopen Sheffield gallery
- 10:25 TV’s Chris Beardshaw unveils his stunning new garden at Mount Grace...
- 10:25 Christa Ackroyd: Why I am proud to say I am adopted
- 10:25 The 'flying circus' tragedy: When two children were killed by a...
- 10:24 The next big parenting trend is giving your baby a Spanish name
- 10:23 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:23 The 'flying circus' tragedy: When two children were killed by a...
- 10:22 Return of the scarecrows to Doncaster village
- 10:21 Blackpool conference centre in sales team drive
- 10:21 Temperatures set to soar to 26C across Bucks
- 10:21 Bargain loving James opens Wyre estate agents
- 10:21 Police rescue 'suspected illegal immigrant' who hadn't eaten for...
- 10:19 Mysterious ‘crashed UFO’ on Mars ‘could have formed in...
- 10:19 Men will still beat up women whether England win or lose and it...
- 10:19 EU vote today could could ban memes and ‘destroy the internet’