European shares lifted by late surge in Deutsche Bank
* Deutsche Bank closes up 6.4 pct
* STOXX 600 ends up 0.1 pct, DAX up 1 pct
* Deutsche Bank shares down nearly 50 pct in 2016
* STOXX 600 down 6 pct in 2016
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Sept 30 European shares closed higher on Friday, lifted by a late surge in Deutsche Bank after a media report that it was close to settling with U.S. authorities over alleged misselling of mortgage-backed securities.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index ended 0.1 percent higher, as Deutsche Bank closed up 6.4 percent, rallying towards the end of the European trading session having initially sunk to record lows of... read more
- 10:21 Gore says U.S. climate curbs on track, hopes Trump will surprise
- 10:20 Melton Times letter: Thank you for your act of kindness
- 10:19 Death crash driver now behind wheel for Scottish Ambulance Service
- 10:17 Embers from coal burner thought to have started a blaze in wooden...
- 10:16 Helicopter manhunt as 'high risk' girl, 13, goes missing
- 10:16 Five firefighters called as shoppers trapped in Lincoln High Street...
- 10:14 Grantham’s very own big band is a treat for a packed arts centre
- 10:14 Transfer News: Chelsea's Milan raid, Fabregas to Arsenal shock, Man...
- 10:12 Children’s charity in Skegness calls for support
- 10:11 Police release photo of Mackworth murder victim Geoff Seggie as...
- 10:11 Nostalgia: Donington Rovers edge seven-goal final
- 10:11 Report reveals where in the UK over 50s struggle most to get a GP...
- 10:09 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:09 Donna Nook seal count begins to drop as they make their way back to...
- 10:05 WhatsApp will soon stop working on millions of phones, is yours one...
- 10:05 We're Going on a Bear Hunt will be on Channel 4 this Christmas
- 10:05 Stoke City 2, Burnley 0: Player ratings from tasty win over Clarets
- 10:05 LIVE: A50 Waterloo Road closed in both directions after three...
- 10:05 Eden Hazard reveals the ‘big change’ that Diego Costa has made at...
- 10:04 School playground to be transformed after winning Lottery bid
- 10:03 Update: Horses loose on the A17 at Heckington - owner is found
- 09:59 Missing 'high risk' 13-year-old girl found after helicopter search
- 09:58 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 09:56 General Tso's Chicken creator dies in Taiwan aged 98
- 09:56 Apple admits self-driving car plans
- 09:54 France's Left starts fightback after Hollande bows out of...
- 09:51 Hull City news and rumours LIVE: Tigers ready for Middlesbrough...
- 09:51 Man awaiting sentence after pinning partner against wall
- 09:48 Female suicide bomber uses children as decoy before blowing herself up
- 09:45 Missing out on West Ham tie in FA Cup was the biggest regret of my...