European shares lifted by late surge in Deutsche Bank
* Deutsche Bank closes up 6.4 pct
* STOXX 600 ends up 0.1 pct, DAX up 1 pct
* Deutsche Bank shares down nearly 50 pct in 2016
* STOXX 600 down 6 pct in 2016
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Sept 30 European shares closed higher on Friday, lifted by a late surge in Deutsche Bank after a media report that it was close to settling with U.S. authorities over alleged misselling of mortgage-backed securities.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index ended 0.1 percent higher, as Deutsche Bank closed up 6.4 percent, rallying towards the end of the European trading session having initially sunk to record lows of... read more
- 08:48 West Cumbria roads blocked due to crash
- 08:47 Recommending e-cigarettes to help smokers quit is irresponsible...
- 08:47 Things to do in Birmingham on May Bank Holiday weekend
- 08:47 Donald Trump thanks Kanye West after rapper expresses 'love' for...
- 08:47 West Brom transfer rumour: Italian interest in Nacer Chadli
- 08:46 TSB drafts in outside help to fix IT chaos
- 08:44 Police set to target illegal parking at Derbyshire beauty spot as...
- 08:44 Diego Simeone names the Arsenal star he fears most ahead of Europa...
- 08:43 Prince Alexander now favourite in William and Kate’s baby name odds
- 08:43 Labour drops candidate who doubts Manchester and Jo Cox tragedies...
- 08:43 WATCH: Deontay Wilder offers Anthony Joshua £35m for unification...
- 08:43 Real Madrid star makes BIZARRE claim about Barcelona fans favourite
- 08:42 RISE AND SHINE: All your latest morning news
- 08:42 ALERT: Anti-freeze being used to poison pets in this Sheffield suburb
- 08:42 VIDEO: Greggs opens TODAY at Sheffield's newest retail park - and...
- 08:40 Double call out after concerns for people on wrong side of railings...
- 08:40 Supply problems for Sunderland homes and traffic disruption after...
- 08:40 Banbury campaigners hit out at ‘secret’ health planning group
- 08:40 Sunderland counts £844,000
- 08:40 Northern Lights: Our future needs Chinese as well as British...
- 08:39 Sheffield-based animal rescue in crisis and could close
- 08:39 ALERT: Anti-freeze being used to poison pets in this Sheffield suburb
- 08:39 Durham coach looking forward to seeing Aiden Markram show his talents
- 08:39 Epic sounding Manchester band kicking off tour in Leeds
- 08:38 West Cumbria road blocked due to crash
- 08:38 Vic infection rates better than average
- 08:38 Zinedine Zidane sends warning to Real Madrid players after Bayern...
- 08:37 Kate Bush revisits Wuthering Heights to create new work of art in...
- 08:37 Mohamed Salah sends class message to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain after...
- 08:36 Man airlifted to hospital after crash on Ironstone Road in Burntwood