European shares get energy boost, Capita slumps
European shares climbed higher in early trading on Thursday, with energy shares rallying after oil prices surged overnight after OPEC struck a deal to limit crude output.
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries reached an agreement in Algiers to cut production to a range of 32.5-33.0 million barrels per day.
The European oil and gas index soared more than 4 percent and was poised for its best day in three months. Tullow Oil jumped more than 10 percent while heavyweights Royal Dutch Shell, Total and BP were up between 4-5 percent.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index was up 0.9... read more
- 16:44 Toys help topple target at pub’s charity event
- 16:44 Match of the Day's Gary Lineker blasts Hull City's Robert Snodgrass...
- 16:41 Skegness woman’s appeal brings Christmas to children’s ward
- 16:36 Potential investors in Hull City spotted at KCOM Stadium ahead of...
- 16:36 'Ecstasy' teenager found dead in Manchester hotel
- 16:35 Sporting success for high school
- 16:34 Primary schools in Lincolnshire rated as best performers in East...
- 16:33 Youth football coach allowed to keep working after child sex...
- 16:33 Watford 3-2 Everton: Stefano Okaka brace stuns the Toffees as...
- 16:33 Writer AA Gill dies after short battle with cancer
- 16:33 Arsenal star Mesut Ozil hits goal scoring milestone with header v...
- 16:32 Council warns residents about 'misleading' flyer
- 16:30 Upper crust pork pie victory by Haighs Shop
- 16:30 Kirklees man arrested over impersonating police officer
- 16:28 Writer AA Gill dies after short battle with cancer
- 16:28 Taxi driver who raped a teenage passenger jailed for 10 years
- 16:25 University tells students ‘don’t dress like Kim Kardashian’...
- 16:25 Hull City fans protest against Allam ownership in front of Anlaby...
- 16:25 ‘Good’ result for Leicestershire Police in latest HMIC inspection
- 16:24 Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- 16:21 Search for Good Samaritan after woman sexually assaulted
- 16:19 Is your old Nokia or Motorola mobile phone worth up to £1,000?
- 16:18 Upper crust pork pie victory by Haighs Shop
- 16:18 Kirklees man arrested over impersonating police officer
- 16:16 Arsenal star Hector Bellerin takes 17 minutes to underlain his...
- 16:16 INTERVIEW: Anders Lustgarten
- 16:16 Dramatic picture shows car on its roof after crash in Stenson...
- 16:15 Flooded nursery heading into 2017 on a high
- 16:14 Man United Transfer News: Dimitri Payet swap deal, Divock Origi...
- 16:14 WATCH: Santa Claus is coming to town for Marston's Christmas Festival