European shares fall led by utilities, real estate; Tesco soars
* STOXX 600 closes down 0.6 pct
* ECB taper talk weighs on markets
* Utility and property stocks fall as bond yields rise
* But bank stocks edge up, lifting Milan and Madrid markets
By Danilo Masoni
MILAN, Oct 5 European shares fell on Wednesday on concerns that the European Central Bank might reduce the pace of bond-buying before its asset purchase programme ends, hitting utility and property stocks hardest.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index ended down 0.6 percent. The index is down by around 6 percent so far in 2016.
Bloomberg News reported late on Tuesday that the ECB will probably... read more
- 09:37 Neymar Latest: Barcelona star Javier Mascherano denies problems
- 09:36 Manchester United unveil new kit designed by a FAN as they go with...
- 09:36 Turkey and Greece map: Earthquake mapped - Map of Kos, Bodrum,...
- 09:35 Exeter confirm talks with Chelsea over completion of Ethan Ampadu...
- 09:32 POUND LIVE: Pound plunges to 9-month low against euro after ECB update
- 09:31 Jose Mourinho sends message to Ed Woodward over Man Utd’s...
- 09:31 Paysafe shares jump on bid approach
- 09:31 Special taskforce formed to save GSK Ulverston jobs
- 09:31 Walney woman accused of making threats to kill
- 09:29 Manchester United launch new fan-designed third kit… and it’s awful!
- 09:29 Critically endangered lemurs leap into Chester Zoo
- 09:29 British couple found dead and badly decomposed in Spanish apartment
- 09:27 Chelsea want €45million for Juventus and Manchester United target...
- 09:26 Jeremy Corbyn plans Scotland tour for Labour election push
- 09:24 Boy riding bike in serious condition after crash involving car
- 09:23 US 'to ban Americans visiting N Korea'
- 09:22 Jurgen Klopp: I had no idea who Dominic Solanke was… my scouts...
- 09:22 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho praises Ed Woodward but demands more...
- 09:21 Car crashed down A180 embankment
- 09:19 149 dogs have been rescued from a meat farm in South Korea
- 09:17 Thug yelled 'Have you heard of me, I'm a hard b*****d' before...
- 09:17 Can you guess all 20 managers from a list of each club/country they...
- 09:16 Charlie Gard's parents to bring new evidence to High Court in legal...
- 09:13 Why does your sex drive increase during the summer?
- 09:12 Manchester United manager makes Eric Bailly and Victor Lindelof...
- 09:12 Manchester derby highlights the position Man City need to focus on
- 09:12 Chester Bennington suicide leaves Linkin Park bandmate Mike Shinoda...
- 09:12 Striker Jay Rodriguez hoping to cash in as West Brom's flexible friend
- 09:11 Celtic favourite Patrick Roberts impresses for Manchester City...
- 09:11 Hamilton rowers Graham Ord and Rosie Payne selected for Home...