European shares expected to move sideways until June - Reuters poll
European stocks will make little headway before June as concerns about future U.S. rate increases and Britain's move to start its divorce from the European Union discourage investors from placing strong bets, a Reuters poll found.
The poll of more than 20 traders, strategists and fund managers gave a median forecast for the pan-European STOXX 600 index of 362 points by the end of 2017 - up over 5 percent from Monday's closing level of 343.23.
However, the benchmark index will make little progress before the middle of next year, when it will trade at 345, according to the poll, taken in the... read more
- 12:22 Pakistan flight crashes in north
- 12:20 Manchester United ace Marouane Fellaini blasts David Luiz for...
- 12:20 KH Hair boss honoured by Fellowship for British Hairdressing
- 12:19 Yorkshire Tea...isn't from Yorkshire?!
- 12:18 Shuttleworth's Year 7 student ambassadors taking charge
- 12:18 Swan rescued from Odeon cinema in Bolebridge Street, Tamworth
- 12:17 Chellaston police meeting at Bonnie Prince pub with free drinks up...
- 12:17 The Santa Tracker is back – and it’s even better than last year!
- 12:17 Britain needs Brexit transitional deal - insurance trade body
- 12:16 There's a new sheriff in town! Basketball legend Shaquille O'Neal...
- 12:15 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 12:15 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 12:14 Cumbrian department store closed after power cut
- 12:13 Woman raped by fiance as she was having an epileptic seizure
- 12:12 Gas alert at Lancashire nuclear plant
- 12:12 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austin worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 12:12 Poorly Hartlepool baby’s plight inspires big fundraising drive
- 12:12 Help by the trolley load for Hartlepool Foodbank
- 12:11 Steve Ross: Big data still needs the human touch
- 12:11 Pep Guardiola’s next generation: The dream team of Manchester City...
- 12:11 Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish gives Alan Pardew vote of...
- 12:11 India unexpectedly keeps rates unchanged even as cash crunch roils...
- 12:11 Angel Di Maria booed at every touch by furious PSG fans and rated...
- 12:11 Police to wear body-worn cameras
- 12:10 British and Irish Lions coaches revealed: Warren Gatland confirms...
- 12:10 Air Force One - why is it so expensive?
- 12:11 Tournament of a lifetime for football-mad boy
- 12:10 Santa’s real life little helper
- 12:10 Adventurer set for challenge in Antarctica after climbing Nepal’s...
- 12:10 Police step up patrols after man is assaulted