European shares edge up as fund management stocks advance
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* Henderson/Janus deal lifts shares of fund managers
* German DAX market closed for public holiday
* STOXX 600 still down around 6 pct in 2016
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Oct 3 European stock markets made minor gains on Monday, as a rise in the shares of fund management companies in the wake of a large merger in the sector propped up markets.
Nevertheless, lingering concerns over Deutsche Bank still weighed on the minds of some investors.
The... read more
- 21:54 Monzo: Why THIS revolutionary no-fee travel card has a WAITLIST of...
- 21:53 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:52 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:52 EXCLUSIVE: SNP MP criticises party’s ‘unjust’ decision to ditch...
- 21:52 Halifax teenager charged with terrorism offences
- 21:51 Halifax teenager charged with terrorism offences
- 21:50 Watch MSP mimic Trainspotting as he slams 's**** state of affairs'...
- 21:50 International market will bring different global cuisines to Halifax
- 21:50 Halifax teenager charged with terrorism offences
- 21:50 'How has this happened?' - Birmingham City defender on the club's...
- 21:49 Barcelona Open: Andy Murray breezes through to quarter-finals
- 21:49 Man Utd manager Jose Mourinho: This is why I started Anthony Martial
- 21:49 Private firms barred from role in Scottish benefits system
- 21:46 Distraught breastfeeding mum 'asked to leave church' after being...
- 21:45 Yorkshire weather: Sunny spells and warmer weather for your Bank...
- 21:45 Springtime Live 2017: All you need to know
- 21:44 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:43 Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez is ready to raid Serie A: This will...
- 21:40 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:40 United Airlines pay off passenger violently dragged off plane in...
- 21:40 Rafa Benitez plots shock Newcastle transfer raid: This is bonkers
- 21:38 Google parent Alphabet's revenue rises 22.2 percent
- 21:38 World Snooker Championship: Ronnie O'Sullivan is no longer the...
- 21:37 Macedonia parliament stormed by protesters in Skopje
- 21:37 Holmfirth is really excited for the Tour de Yorkshire - see what...
- 21:36 ‘We’re all bursting with love’: Ronan Keating shares adorable photo...
- 21:35 Halifax teenager charged with terrorism offences
- 21:34 Police want to speak to this man in connection with theft from East...
- 21:33 Yorkshire tourism chief receives top French honour
- 21:33 Detectives trace car stolen in Dunton Bassett burglary