European shares advance after one-week lows, Carnival leads
* STOXX 600 gains after two days of losses
* Clinton seen to have won presidential debate
* Carnival leads market up after target price hike
By Atul Prakash
LONDON, Sept 27 European shares rose on Tuesday as Democrat Hillary Clinton was perceived by financial market participants to be the winner of the first U.S. presidential debate, although equities traded off day's highs as energy and banking shares lost ground.
The pan-European STOXX 600 index was up 0.14 percent at 340.52 points by 0829 GMT, after hitting an intra-day high of 342.21 points following the U.S. debate.
A CNN poll of... read more
- 12:05 Campaign for Scottish stadiums to be breastfeeding-friendly
- 12:04 Jarrow School team into national F1 Schools competition final
- 12:02 Paige Doherty's mum says child killers deserve 'minimum of 35...
- 12:02 Bethan Kelly fifth in GB University Championships
- 12:01 World Day of Prayer event at town church
- 12:00 All you need to know about ultra-marathons as Burton Albion man...
- 11:59 Someone invented a genius way to stop cereal going soggy, but it’s...
- 11:59 Children's home abuse accused appears in court
- 11:58 Have you seen the Mick Foley plaque in Sefton Park?
- 11:57 Drivers caught using mobile phones face harsher penalties - what...
- 11:57 High-flying drone nearly hit passenger plane at East Midlands Airport
- 11:55 Oops! Man drives into police van while drunk
- 11:55 £700,000 is what you'll need for a des res in Lincolnshire's most...
- 11:55 Dani Alves wants Man City move - and other transfer talk
- 11:55 Carlo Ancelotti: I hate agreeing with Man United boss Jose Mourinho...
- 11:55 Arsenal star posts worrying injury update on Instragam account: It...
- 11:53 Paul Scholes: This Man United player has disappointed me
- 11:53 Williams F1 2017 launch: Stunning new snaps of FW40 car
- 11:52 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 11:52 Be warned: new phone scam on its way here
- 11:52 Blind boy, 9, with cerebral palsy dies from starvation weighing...
- 11:50 Elderly woman injured in accident
- 11:49 Starbucks Frappuccino bath bombs are now a thing
- 11:49 West Brom vs Bournemouth: How can you follow it, team news, odds,...
- 11:49 Erdington roof siege: Wanted man held riot police at bay from top...
- 11:49 Andy Carroll picks unlikely name in his dream five-a-side team
- 11:49 Southampton boss Claude Puel: My players can stop this Man United star
- 11:48 Look inside eerie abandoned Anglesey WWII soldiers' home
- 11:45 Chelsea star sends message to Antonio Conte: I have proven myself -...
- 11:45 Arsenal tell fans Alexis Sanchez is leaving the club this summer