European powers seek EU condemnation of Russia over Syria
Britain, France and Germany aim to persuade the European Union on Monday to condemn Russia's devastating air campaign in Syria and pave the way for imposing more sanctions on the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.
The bloc also plans to continue pushing for humanitarian aid to reach the besieged city of Aleppo.
Struggling to help end Syria's war, the EU is stepping up efforts to support the United States in its bid to stop the bombing of eastern Aleppo, where 275,000 people are trapped.
But it is split over strategy towards Russia, its biggest energy supplier.
EU foreign ministers meeting... read more
- 08:28 Smith’s all-round display helps F&B to victory
- 08:26 Scottish Land & Estates boosts senior management team
- 08:26 Jeremy Corbyn rules out deal with SNP in hung Parliament
- 08:24 Transfer News LIVE updates: Man Utd push; Chelsea, Arsenal,...
- 08:24 Shares in BA-owner IAG fall 4 percent after weekend chaos
- 08:23 Kim Jong Nam accused moved to higher court: Facing death penalty if...
- 08:22 Tiger Woods arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence
- 08:22 When are the 2017 General Election debates on TV? All you need to know
- 08:22 Female zookeeper killed in tiger attack at Hamerton Zoo
- 08:22 Labour's free childcare pledge to help 'more than a million families'
- 08:22 Ariana Grande's mum pays tribute to Manchester terror attack victims
- 08:22 Manchester United Antoine Griezmann transfer discussed by Saul Niguez
- 08:21 Eamonn Holmes GRILLS David Davis over Brexit negotiations on GMB:...
- 08:20 Poldark’s Aidan Turner used to be an amateur dancer but ‘can’t...
- 08:20 Beyonce hasn’t had her twins yet and fans are getting impatient
- 08:20 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:18 Australia to cancel the passports of convicted paedophiles
- 08:18 School life: Calderdale College student to premiere his own production
- 08:16 Jab to stop damage after a heart attack: Protein in the injection...
- 08:16 Cancer drugs that could help end women's monthly agony: Discovery...
- 08:16 Almost 900,000 Britons are too fat to work: Number is five times...
- 08:16 Tiny telescope inserted into your eye that 10 TIMES stronger than...
- 08:16 an arrested after explosion in Malvern
- 08:16 Arsene Wenger will quit Arsenal this week, fears legend Ian Wright
- 08:15 House party thugs locked up after Fleetwood assault
- 08:15 Staff at Co-op in Barwell High Street tied up during armed robbery...
- 08:14 Nostalgia - Lottery tickets sold from town kiosk
- 08:14 Scunthorpe man pleads guilty to assault
- 08:14 Scunthorpe teenager homes in on bright future after setting up new...
- 08:14 Charity runner eyes challenge of the Sahara