European equities get energy boost; Capita slumps 30 pct
(ADVISORY- Follow European and UK stock markets in real time on the Reuters Live Markets blog on Eikon - see cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets)
* STOXX Europe 600 index up 1 pct
* Energy shares rally after OPEC deal
* Capita sinks 30 pct after profit warning
By Atul Prakash
LONDON, Sept 29 European equities climbed higher on Thursday, with energy shares rallying after oil prices surged overnight following a deal by OPEC members to limit crude output.
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries reached an agreement in Algiers to cut production to a range of 32.5-33.0 million... read more
- 08:31 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 08:30 Man attacked in Barrow town centre
- 08:30 It takes 15 minutes of burpees to burn off a creme egg, but that’s...
- 08:28 Vaping warning as study reveals E-cigs cause liver disease
- 08:28 British woman killed in Syria after leaving home to join fight...
- 08:28 Russia election: Muted Western reaction to Putin victory
- 08:27 10 words you’ll only know if you went to school in Scotland
- 08:26 Jeremy Clarkson’s son Finlo sports neck brace and crutches on...
- 08:25 Doncaster WhatsApp users warned about new scam
- 08:24 Elderly woman airlifted to hospital after cliff fall
- 08:24 12 words and phrases you'll only know if you are from Lancashire
- 08:24 Why Cuba’s colourful capital Havana should be your next city break
- 08:24 Man seen 'brandishing a knife' in the street in Barrow
- 08:23 Keeping the Lancashire coast safe for four decades
- 08:22 Crack cocaine of gambling' stakes should be cut says regulator
- 08:22 Elderly woman airlifted to hospital after cliff fall
- 08:22 Hold back that sneeze! You might be a flu super-spreader
- 08:21 Ben Stokes bowls five overs in indoor nets as England star boosts...
- 08:21 Lionel Messi hints he will 'give up' on Argentina if they don't win...
- 08:21 Pound to Euro exchange rate: Sterling retains its rise following...
- 08:21 Real Madrid 'agree deal in principle' to sign Bayern Munich forward...
- 08:21 ANZ admits not checking key details of loan applications made via...
- 08:20 Ant McPartlin arrested on suspicion of drink-driving
- 08:20 Vladimir Putin sails to Russia election victory
- 08:20 Sheep has rope tied around neck in bizarre rural Leicestershire attack
- 08:20 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 08:19 Delayed openings at some Yorkshire schools
- 08:18 Leeds lasses show true northern grit as mini beast from the east...
- 08:18 'Crack cocaine of gambling' stakes should be cut says regulator
- 08:17 BREAKING: Etihad plane declares ‘MID-AIR EMERGENCY’ on Abu Dhabi to...