Euro zone inflation rate doubles in September as energy impact fades
The inflation rate in the euro zone doubled as expected in September as the impact of weaker energy prices diminished, although the core rate also watched by the European Central Bank was unchanged for the fourth consecutive month.
Inflation in the 19 countries sharing the euro was 0.4 percent this month from 0.2 percent in August, EU's statistics agency Eurostat said on Friday in its first estimate.
The decline in energy prices was not as steep as a month earlier, but prices of unprocessed food increased by less.
The rate was in line with market expectations from a Reuters poll of 48... read more
- 07:20 HS2 launch £2.75 billion contract to design trains for the project
- 07:20 A new way to help out rescue dogs in North Lincolnshire
- 07:20 North Lincolnshire band celebrate being crowned champions
- 07:20 Parents of six-year-old boy in fundraising plea
- 07:18 Warning to 'look while you cook' after serious fire in Shobnall...
- 07:18 Number of public access defibrillators on the increase across region
- 07:17 Birmingham City digest: Harry Redknapp's future; Friendly...
- 07:17 Aston Villa digest: January signings rated; Celtic goalkeeper...
- 07:16 Eminem sues New Zealand governing party over Lose Yourself
- 07:14 Having mates key to overcoming life’s challenges
- 07:14 Matthew Bates confident Hartlepool United can beat Doncaster Rovers
- 07:13 Barcelona target two Premier League clubs in massive summer raid
- 07:13 What you can do if your neighbour smokes cannabis?
- 07:13 Heartbreak of Josh Fell's parents on what should have been his 21st...
- 07:13 Prom memories from Winifred Holtby school: Are you pictured?
- 07:13 77 pictures that sum up a nineties night out in Hull
- 07:13 Exeter Chiefs 36 Northampton Saints 12: Tom Vickers' review and...
- 07:13 Wakefield gallery’s chance of £100,000 prize in prestigious art...
- 07:11 Man United News: Two-year contract offer, Ibrahimovic hint,...
- 07:06 British Superbikes: Shane Byrne clinches pole position at Oulton...
- 07:06 Arsene Wenger praises Arsenal star despite loss to Tottenham
- 07:05 Teenage thugs spared jail for vicious gang attack on cyclist in Derby
- 07:02 The Euro ballroom scene: when voguing came to town
- 07:02 Number of public access defibrillators on the increase across region
- 07:01 Arsenal star admits he's fuming after loss to Tottenham
- 06:59 Inside Second Star on the Right and Straight on 'Til Morning in...
- 06:59 Jamie Priestman's best friend pays tribute to his 'right-hand man'...
- 06:59 16 criminals jailed in Hull in April 2017
- 06:56 YOUR VIEW: How to kill a village...
- 06:53 Cristiano Ronaldo tells Real Madrid: Replace Gareth Bale with this...