Euro zone economic sentiment much better than expected in September
Economic sentiment in the 19 countries sharing the euro was much better than expected in September thanks to a rebound of confidence in industry in the biggest economies, data from the European Commission showed on Thursday.
The economic sentiment index, calculated by the European Union's executive arm, rose to 104.9 in September from 103.5 in August, beating expectations of no change and moving further above the long-term average of 100.0.
Economic sentiment is an early indicator of economic activity, signalling trends in gross domestic product growth.
Separately, the Commission's business... read more
- 13:39 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:39 India privately took Amazon to task over insulting flag doormat
- 13:38 GLOBAL MARKETS-Euro dips as price data further dampens ECB hike bets
- 13:38 American Airlines passenger jet pilot dies on final approach
- 13:36 'It was love at first sight'
- 13:36 Royal Bank of Scotland names Helen Cook as HR chief
- 13:36 Canal trust looking for new volunteers
- 13:35 LSE launches 200 million pound share buyback
- 13:35 Transfer News: Man United back after Bale, Chelsea agree fee,...
- 13:35 Chelsea to hold summer talks with lethal striker after he sparked...
- 13:35 Expected Liverpool XI: Who makes Klopp’s 4-3-3 for Everton game...
- 13:35 Manchester United offer contract to Napoli forward Dries Mertens
- 13:35 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann greeted by David de Gea
- 13:35 Gabriel Jesus potential return date as Man City player begins final...
- 13:34 Pregnant Amy Childs passionately defends herself after she’s...
- 13:34 The toddler who has baffled doctors: Two-year-old's 'hot and angry'...
- 13:34 Kim Jong-nam's body to be released to North Korea
- 13:34 Teacher denies PC after docking student mark for using non-gender...
- 13:34 CYCLONE DEBBIE: Deadly BULL SHARK found 12 miles inland in small...
- 13:32 Italian police arrest pro-Islamic State trio over suspected Venice...
- 13:32 Netanyahu set to approve first West Bank settlement for 20 years
- 13:32 Syrian rebels seize swathes of south as Islamic State retreats
- 13:32 ‘Super-fit’ gran develops life-threatening diabetes through love of...
- 13:32 Statins breakthrough: Cholesterol-lowering drugs 'could combat deep...
- 13:32 We need your nominations
- 13:32 Harry Potter festival plans 'blown out the water'
- 13:31 Coventry City twin backing brother Dion to help bring back the...
- 13:31 Neil Taylor facing extended ban after horror tackle on Seamus Coleman
- 13:31 Sing to the Swing
- 13:29 Win A Wedding: The Venue