Euro zone bond yields, euro jump on report of ECB plan for QE tapering
Euro zone bond yields soared across the region and the euro rose late on Tuesday after media reports of an ECB plan for tapering its asset-purchase programme.
The European Central Bank will probably slowly wind down bond purchases before it ends quantitative easing and could do so in steps of 10 billion euros ($11.2 billion) a month, Bloomberg news cited euro zone central bank officials as saying.
That triggered a sell-off in euro zone bonds, which have been underpinned by the 1.7 trillion euro bond-buying scheme.
Italian and Spanish 10-year bond yields rose as much as 8 basis points each... read more
- 11:16 Jobless South Tyneside man vows to donate quarter of his wages to...
- 11:16 Leicester City news and transfer rumours – recap: Mahrez and Vardy...
- 11:16 Assault accused police inspector stopped from retiring pending...
- 11:15 Filmmakers arrive at significant milestone
- 11:15 VIDEO: The world’s first airbag for cyclists ‘already saving lives’
- 11:14 EU to investigate O2 CZ, T-Mobile CZ network sharing deal
- 11:14 Weldon house plan: developer’s claims are ‘codswallop’
- 11:14 REVIEW: Cats, Milton Keynes Theatre
- 11:14 Greece approved for £2.5BILLION eurozone bailout funds
- 11:13 VIDEO: The world’s first airbag for cyclists ‘already saving lives’
- 11:13 VIDEO - Check out the world’s first airbag for cyclists
- 11:13 How to spot if your new fiver is fake - here are six things to look...
- 11:13 ‘Massive and sustained’ hacking attack triggers webcam recall
- 11:13 Pokemon Go announce Hallowe’en-themed update for this week
- 11:13 North Sunderland go on a goal spree in NNL Bilclough Cup
- 11:13 Biggest defeat of the season for Amateurs
- 11:12 Couple land £25,000 as village wins Lottery again
- 11:12 Livingston basketball teen Leah Stewart makes winning start to life...
- 11:12 Chelsea ace Lewis Baker involved in mass brawl after being pelted...
- 11:12 Slaven Bilic defends Antonio Conte on Jose Mourinho row: This is...
- 11:12 Ten arrests and cars and dogs seized as part of crackdown on hare...
- 11:12 Mourinho's masterplan? Man City training invaded by pigeons ahead...
- 11:12 Hartlepool primary fails to make the grade
- 11:12 Shopping centre heroes handed award for saving Hartlepool girl’s life
- 11:11 Radioactive leak at nuclear research reactor in Norway
- 11:11 VIDEO: The world’s first airbag for cyclists ‘already saving lives’
- 11:11 Paul Pogba’s situation at Manchester United reminds me of Mesut...
- 11:11 Couple land £25,000 as village wins Lottery again
- 11:10 Championship news: Chelsea legend set for Nottingham Forest job?...
- 11:10 Drink driver who left teen girls seriously injured after horror...