EU warns Deutsche Boerse, LSE deal could harm competition
EU antitrust regulators on Wednesday raised a raft of concerns over the proposed $28 billion (£21.56 billion) merger between Deutsche Boerse (DB1Gn.DE) and the London Stock Exchange (LSE.L), saying it could hinder competition in key financial market activities.
The European Commission said it would investigate over the next four months whether the deal would sharply reduce competition in clearing, derivatives and index licensing.
Deutsche Boerse and the London Stock Exchange, which had anticipated criticism of the deal, immediately said they would explore the sale of LCH SA, the French... read more
- 06:19 Leeds school to close for day following Ofsted inspection
- 06:19 Maritime battle that helped turn the tide of the Second World War
- 06:19 Praise for sixth form facing axe
- 06:19 Hospice boss ‘disappointed’ over decision to freeze funding
- 06:19 Blackpool: From the courts 23-03-17
- 06:18 £40m investment call to help our ex-mining communities
- 06:18 Mixed reaction to South Shields primary school’s toilet policy
- 06:18 Terror at Westminster: Knifeman kills police officer and mows down...
- 06:18 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:18 WANTED! Police release details of suspects after burglary spree
- 06:16 Club chief explains why Chelsea striker deal collapsed last summer
- 06:16 Arsenal’s £25m swoop, Liverpool message, Man United’s two bids,...
- 06:16 Our Westminster editor gives his first hand account of terrorist...
- 06:16 We must not flinch in the face of terror - evil will never be...
- 06:16 Italy's Five Star Movement blamed for surge in measles cases
- 06:15 Burglar jailed after leaving blood and fingerprints during East...
- 06:14 Business Improvement District blitz Northampton streets in a bid to...
- 06:14 Celebrating 70 years of iconic Dr Martens brand
- 06:14 Victoria’s little shop of horrors in Daventry has become a monster...
- 06:14 Swimming gala fun celebrates talent
- 06:13 Pogba, Sanchez, Hazard... The Premier League's most valuable XI
- 06:13 Manchester United defender Luke Shaw handed timely boost
- 06:13 Man City star John Stones is a symbol of progress in English football
- 06:13 London terrorist attack - Derby MPs pay tribute to police officer...
- 06:13 Huge vessel’s visit captured by college art teacher
- 06:13 Hartlepool schoolboy Alfie Smith completes his first physio session
- 06:13 Hundreds gather to say ‘goodbye’ to Hartlepool youngster Ethan Owens
- 06:13 Fly-tipping increase fears
- 06:13 Hartlepool United’s Kieran Green joins Gateshead, Adam Bartlett...
- 06:11 Leeds school to close for day following Ofsted inspection