EU seeks to tighten cyber-security dual-use exports
The European Commission proposed measures on Wednesday to increase controls on exports of cyber-surveillance goods and technologies that can be used to violate human rights or threaten international security.
The Commission had earlier identified deficiencies with the current system, including a failure to keep up with evolving security risks, such as an emerging trade in cyber-surveillance technology and related risks to security and human rights.
The current system also imposed heavy administrative burdens on industry and authorities and sometimes lacked legal clarity.
The new initiative... read more
- 00:46 EastEnders spoilers: Disaster rocks Walford! Will everyone survive...
- 00:46 Emmerdale spoilers: Robert Sugden vows to stand by Aaron Dingle...
- 00:46 Emmerdale spoilers: Hostage horror as Debbie Dingle’s return sparks...
- 00:46 Hollyoaks spoilers: Ste Hay and Harry Thompson to split?
- 00:44 Gillian Burke 'horrified to be blamed for Springwatch team break-up'
- 00:44 Miranda Hart's 'short notice' departure led to Call The...
- 00:44 Jasmine waltzes out of CBB in shock eviction
- 00:44 Poor transport links to services 'hurting rural communities'
- 00:44 Craig David and Tinie Tempah among acts for War Child Brits Week
- 00:42 Trainer Harry Fry considers Cheltenham options for American after...
- 00:37 Leeds 2023 culture bid team is hoping for a helping hand (or two)...
- 00:37 'Holy smokes that is a dinosaur!' Enormous gator nicknamed Humpback...
- 00:36 UK businesses wary about investment on Brexit doubts: survey
- 00:33 Simon Mignolet: Why I believe I can be Jurgen Klopp's No1...
- 00:33 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Paul Pogba can deal with the pressure on his...
- 00:33 Everton star Tom Davies: Why I owe my first goal to Ronald Koeman...
- 00:33 Pep Guardiola is not the only one at fault for the mess at...
- 00:29 Tory Tribunal Fees are Giving Britain’s Worst Bosses a Free Ride
- 00:28 The successful women embracing ‘girl power’
- 00:28 Can your voice reveal whether you have an illness?
- 00:28 Christian Dior boss: Fashion success through reinvention
- 00:25 100 women: 'Why I fought being banished to a hut during my period'
- 00:25 OPEC sees market stability in 2017, Venezuela aims for $70 price
- 00:25 Sherlock and Doctor Who: 9 times their worlds collided
- 00:24 Former Man United, Bayern Munich and Barcelona boss Louis Van Gaal...
- 00:23 Man jailed for South Ribble thefts
- 00:23 When fast food gets an Indian twist
- 00:22 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday
- 00:22 Chinese president to defend globalization in Davos
- 00:21 Soaring toll of NHS patients harmed as doctors prescribe the WRONG...