EU seeks to tighten cyber-security dual-use exports
The European Commission proposed measures on Wednesday to increase controls on exports of cyber-surveillance goods and technologies that can be used to violate human rights or threaten international security.
The Commission had earlier identified deficiencies with the current system, including a failure to keep up with evolving security risks, such as an emerging trade in cyber-surveillance technology and related risks to security and human rights.
The current system also imposed heavy administrative burdens on industry and authorities and sometimes lacked legal clarity.
The new initiative... read more
- 00:16 Huddersfield News: Christopher Schindler is a real bargain - Chris...
- 00:16 Liverpool News: Jurgen Klopp will stand by clueless defenders
- 00:16 Manchester United News: Romelu Lukaku scored winner against Saints...
- 00:16 Manchester City News: Stars should learn from Leroy Sane and step...
- 00:16 Celtic star Tom Rogic blast Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha for...
- 00:16 Baltimore Ravens suffer joint-worst defeat in their franchise...
- 00:13 Syria: US-backed rebels ‘colluding with Isis’
- 00:13 France: Parisians march against Macron’s latest diktats
- 00:13 New Zealand: Adern still in with a chance to be PM
- 00:13 NHS: Hospital waits reach record high
- 00:13 Picturehouse staff strike again
- 00:13 Chelsea News: I will miss Diego Costa, but Alvaro Morata is...
- 00:13 Tottenham News: Harry Kane is worth £100m like the best in the...
- 00:13 McDonnell: We’ll Slam the Lid on Tory Credit Crisis
- 00:07 How plastic became a victim of its own success
- 00:07 How jeans giant Levi Strauss got its mojo back
- 00:07 Labour to offer some women earlier retirement option
- 00:07 Gender pay gap widens for managers
- 00:07 Labour will allow women hit by state pension age changes to retire...
- 00:06 World of entertainment joins the NFL as they #taketheknee and defy...
- 00:06 Gaz Beadle gets new inking dedicated to his unborn child after...
- 00:02 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Ten million tune in for hottest opening...
- 00:02 EastEnders spoilers: James Willmott-Brown to KILL Kathy Beale in...
- 00:01 Kane able to be ‘one of the world’s best strikers’
- 00:01 Harry Leslie Smith: We can do it again
- 00:01 Sane shows his worth as City dominate at home
- 00:01 Blades boss gets birthday present in Steel City derby
- 00:01 Magpies denied a point by Seagulls
- 00:01 The state is closing its ranks on spycops
- 00:01 The secret state is the real threat to democracy