EU says has support to revive stalled Afghanistan peace talks
Regional powers have agreed to try to revive Afghanistan's stalled peace process after almost 40 years of conflict, the EU's foreign policy chief said on Wednesday, as the West sought to raise some $13 billion to fund the country through 2020.
Facing a resurgent Taliban 15 years after U.S. forces helped drive the militant group from Kabul, more than 70 governments in Brussels promised more financial support, in tandem with NATO's ongoing military backing.
While a multi-billion-dollar annual donor pledge looked beyond doubt, diplomats said, the European Union took on the more complex... read more
- 17:08 Police are investigating several incidents including break-ins and...
- 17:08 Water works exhibition for public
- 17:06 Taking ketamine ‘could help alcoholics quit booze’, experts claim
- 17:06 Ben Gerraghty arrested and charged with robbery and wounding
- 17:06 What to do if your child has got the hacking cough - and what to avoid
- 17:06 Thousands of south Cumbria residents respond to National Grid's...
- 17:05 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks recover, dollar steadies as investors eye...
- 17:05 Bulgaria former parliamentary speaker to be appointed as interim PM...
- 17:05 Trump signs orders advancing Keystone, Dakota pipelines
- 17:05 Female Focus: Lily Corry (Prestatyn)
- 17:05 Pokemon Duel released in UK TODAY - here's all you need to know
- 17:05 Saudi Aramco asks banks to pitch for world's largest share sale
- 17:04 West Ham fans you won't believe what Dimitri Payet has just done in...
- 17:04 Liverpool transgender campaigner 'drowned after falling in to marina'
- 17:03 Don Frye expects WWE star Brock Lesnar to return to the UFC despite...
- 17:02 Ex-Wolves striker Michael McIndoe questioned by fraud detectives
- 17:02 Cadbury strikes Premier League partnership deal
- 17:02 Sports Direct welcome jailing of people traffickers
- 17:02 Aston Villa transfer update: James Bree and Conor Hourihane latest
- 17:02 These two internationals are set for Liverpool deals - journalist
- 17:02 Tube Strike: RMT announces walkout on two underground lines
- 17:01 Council tax to rise in Derbyshire to bring in extra £11million
- 17:01 Derbyshire man accused of murder appears at crown court with...
- 17:00 Miners lift FTSE into positive territory as BT slumps
- 16:59 Most optimistic Self Assessment expense claims
- 16:58 The future of the Robin Hood Legacy is secured after support from...
- 16:58 Notts firm Proludic on how it became UK's No.1 outdoor gym supplier
- 16:58 Knives held to victims' throats in Aspley robbery
- 16:57 Coronation Street spoilers: David Platt faces court over the car...
- 16:57 Patrice Evra is a transfer target for Marseille as former...