EU resumes probe into DuPont, Dow mega deal, to rule by Feb 6
EU antitrust regulators have resumed their investigation into the $130 billion (101 billion pound) merger of U.S. chemicals giants Dow Chemical (DOW.N) and DuPont (DD.N) after the companies provided key data.
The European Commission, which halted its scrutiny in early September, will now decide by Feb. 6 whether to approve the deal.
Commission spokesman Ricardo Cardoso confirmed in an email that the companies had submitted important information requested by the EU competition enforcer.
The Commission opened a full investigation into the case in August, concerned that the deal to create the... read more
- 16:00 Yorkshire Tea...isn't from Yorkshire?!
- 15:59 Did you see thief break into vehicle at Burslem Cemetery?
- 15:59 Body of 36-year-old Staffordshire woman recovered from sea in Cornwall
- 15:59 Teenage tearaway, 15, banned from Congleton town centre's shops and...
- 15:59 Stoke City defender Marc Muniesa should have walked says Burnley...
- 15:59 Warning over bogus caller in Chesterfield claiming to be from council
- 15:59 Arsene Wenger wrong to play David Ospina over Petr Cech for...
- 15:58 Woodhall Spa woman seriously injured in Coningsby collision
- 15:58 VIDEO: Caught in the act: carer steals cash from Spalding war hero...
- 15:57 Supreme Court rules for Samsung in smartphone fight with Apple
- 15:57 Holyrood cannot stop Westminster triggering Brexit, Supreme Court told
- 15:56 Police commissioner Lord Bach moves his office to a more 'fitting'...
- 15:56 X Factor finalists 5 After Midnight in Leicester - LIVE updates
- 15:55 Terrorism officers arrest man at Heathrow Airport
- 15:55 Spring Bank verdict and your reaction to driver Neville Fletcher's...
- 15:55 Carlisle drugs duo's jail warning
- 15:55 Missing teenage boy might be on his way to London
- 15:55 Nottingham Secret Cinema venue revealed (and it's a former...
- 15:53 Leicester fear losing Layton Ndukwu after 55-yard wondergoal vs...
- 15:53 Hundreds flock to Beeley to spot rare Asian bird
- 15:53 Mauricio Pochettino urges Tottenham to end Wembley hoodoo and...
- 15:53 VIDEO: UK’s first ‘anger room’ open and ready for rage
- 15:53 REVEALED: How Conor McGregor REALLY feels about being stripped of...
- 15:52 More than 400 take part in Santa fun run around Belvoir Castle for...
- 15:50 Berwick MP backs crackdown on dangerous driving
- 15:50 EU Commission in close contact with Italy over banks - Dombrovskis
- 15:49 Peter Vaughan, Game of Thrones and Porridge actor, dies aged 93
- 15:48 Roger Federer and Serena Williams both delay injury comebacks...
- 15:48 How many homes and businesses were flooded in your area?
- 15:48 Antonio Conte pulls off unreal ball control in Chelsea training