EU ploughing MILLIONS of YOUR cash into military for 'defence revolution'
As Brussels pushes ahead on with its plans for closer integration on defence, a proposal by the European Commission could see £78million (€90m) put into defence research by 2019.
Jorge Domecq, chief executive of the European Defence Agency, said the project is just the start in a global arms race that critics fear would bolster a new EU army at the expense of the existing NATO alliance.
Mr Domecq, writing on the EurActiv website, said: "This may be modest when compared to the latest US defence innovation initiative of some $18 billion...but it is a start; and an important one."
He... read more
- 08:18 Lancashire man jailed after drug squad bust at Kendal Calling
- 08:18 TalkTalk suffers £73million loss but claims its £119million...
- 08:18 'Maybe Barrow is a better place without you': Facebook users hit...
- 08:17 United Utliities spends £817m on regions water service
- 08:17 Meet the woman helping partygoers navigate consent on the dancefloor
- 08:14 Man Utd transfer news: Fred to undergo MEDICAL ahead of contract...
- 08:12 High street in urgent need of help
- 08:12 Pupil numbers crossing border now over 100
- 08:12 Fred drops Manchester United transfer hint on Instagram
- 08:11 Putting on A Brave Face at Dundee Rep
- 08:10 One in five British cars is fitted with 'dangerous' tyres, warns...
- 08:10 Home insurance bills rise THREE times faster than inflation as...
- 08:10 EE will double the cost of some calls from next month - and it...
- 08:09 Lancashire man jailed after drugs squad bust at Kendal Calling
- 08:07 Box, set and match: how on-demand became TV's new battleground
- 08:07 England vs. Pakistan: Lord’s horror show for Joe Root’s side
- 08:05 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 08:03 10 tips for choosing your wedding cake
- 08:03 Photos share the journey of AI sex robots from steel skeletons to...
- 08:03 Champions League final: Liverpool will LOVE to see Gareth Bale on...
- 08:03 GDPR: Everything you need to know about the new data laws
- 08:02 Poor wi-fi means Conwy valley pupil does homework in lay-by
- 08:01 Nasal implant that impairs ability to smell could help with...
- 08:00 Tanya Burr's 'daunting' move from YouTube to acting
- 08:00 Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film
- 07:58 Armed bystander shoots dead gunman who opened fire in restaurant
- 07:55 Body found in search for missing Leamington man
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...