EU opens door to GEORGIA as visa-free travel AGREED for Russian neighbour
The EU agreed the new deal in principle yesterday, which would allow Georgians to travel to Europe without a visa and stay there for 90 days within a 180-day period - and vice versa.
But the proposals will not be rolled out until safeguards to stem the influx of migrants could be out in place.
Georgia, situated on Russia’s border, has been caught in a political tussle between the West and Moscow - which opposes its EU aspirations.
Now the fight could have come to an end as the EU decides to embrace the state, bringing it into the Schengen agreement - and risking further angering Russia... read more
- 07:43 Sheffield murder probe: everything we know so far
- 07:43 Pedestrian taken to hospital with leg injury after 'hit-and-run'...
- 07:42 Meet Pictish art enthusiast Marianna Lines
- 07:42 Cumbrian mum's terror as she faced Westminster terrorist
- 07:41 On This Day: Why speeding ticket was bill-a-wrong, Wembley fever &...
- 07:41 Grace to lose long locks for charity
- 07:41 11 of the cheapest properties for sale in North Lincolnshire
- 07:41 Scunthorpe man sentenced for assault by beating
- 07:41 Lorries too large for this road are 'putting lives in danger'
- 07:41 North Lincolnshire first place in UK to host Eurotrials
- 07:41 When will the clocks change in 2017? Here's what you need to know
- 07:41 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 07:38 Man accused of damaging 4X4
- 07:37 VIDEO: Just Alfie launches DT Lunchtime Live
- 07:37 Northants ace Crook in top condition ahead of new campaign
- 07:31 Russell Howard: Why I am always worried about outstaying my welcome
- 07:29 'Knowing I'm doing it for Sam gives me reason to get up in the...
- 07:29 Were you caught on camera at the Winter Gardens in 2000/2001?
- 07:29 Watching England play 'was a breath of fresh air' - Grimsby Town...
- 07:29 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot wants to get back 'that winning...
- 07:29 Dog walker attacked with hammer after being asked for a cigarette
- 07:29 Devastating blow for brave battler Sam as family launch bucket list...
- 07:27 Huddersfield nostalgia: Spring snapshots
- 07:27 Banned teenage driver was back behind the wheel - two months later
- 07:25 Hunt for Shifnal bank robbery gunman
- 07:25 Antoine Griezmann will reject Chelsea to join Manchester United
- 07:20 Best cheap hotels in Birmingham and how they compare
- 07:20 West Brom digest: Broken wing; Mowbray's men; life after 40;...
- 07:20 Birmingham City digest: Feel the Forss; Zola's Inter City; Ryan's...
- 07:20 Aston Villa digest: Gabby defiant; Rushian back; Taylor sees red;...