EU nationals allowed to stay in UK after Brexit - report
All EU nationals will be allowed to remain in the UK after Brexit, according to a report.
The Home Office has calculated that five in six of such migrants would be unable to be deported, according to the Daily Telegraph.
More than 80% of the estimated 3.6 million EU nationals living in the UK will have permanent residency rights by the time Britain is expected to leave the EU, with the remaining 600,000 set to be offered an amnesty, the newspaper said.
Prime Minister Theresa May has insisted that the status of EU nationals in the UK will depend on how the 1.2 million Britons in the rest of... read more
- 08:37 Man Utd News: Mourinho threatens players claim, big injury boost,...
- 08:37 Mother filmed Argos doll ‘saying b***h’ to girl, 2, instead of Mama
- 08:37 Toni Kroos talks up Harry Kane at FIFA The Best awards amid...
- 08:37 Cristiano Ronaldo and family joined by Real Madrid team-mate Sergio...
- 08:33 Trump in Twitter spat with grieving war widow pregnant with slain...
- 08:32 Police seek vandal over attack on ambulance in Sheffield
- 08:30 Serious accident closes road in both directions off A57
- 08:29 Owner of Preston's 1842 bar insists venue is not closing
- 08:29 Powerhouse chief’s praise for Lancashire
- 08:28 Schoolboys mimed sex acts on black pupils and shouted about...
- 08:28 'I was afraid to go out on street' - Midland slavery victim
- 08:28 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:28 Man Utd news: Ryan Giggs makes bold Man City title prediction
- 08:27 Neymar slams Marseille fans for throwing ‘baguettes’ at him during...
- 08:27 Missing Barrow man found safe and well
- 08:27 Leader comment: Football exposes children to hate
- 08:27 Maureen Dowd: Carter lusts for Trump posting
- 08:26 Lune Valley family farm saved by ‘hipster coffee drinkers’
- 08:25 Staggering rise of hate crime reports in Hull and East Yorkshire
- 08:24 Soap spoilers: EastEnders reveals a huge announcement
- 08:24 Craig Revel Horwood ‘in agony after delaying hip operation to keep...
- 08:23 Commuters bemused as Merseyrail cancels trains over 'slippery rails'
- 08:23 Teenager left with broken jaw after Bold Street attack
- 08:20 John Bateman to be named at centre for England's World Cup clash...
- 08:20 Richard Madeley loses it amid drink debate: ‘People are sick of...
- 08:19 TOWIE's Gemma Collins to 'sue BBC for negligence' after stage fall...
- 08:17 Coventry city centre sealed off by police - live updates
- 08:17 Calderdale school cash crisis - small sites could be forced to close
- 08:17 National retailer Greenwoods confirms Cumbria store closure plan
- 08:17 Maryport man, 23, dies after High Harrington crash