EU looks to remove national barriers to data flows
The European Commission wants to reduce national restrictions on where some types of commercial and health data can be stored, Vice-President Andrus Ansip said on Thursday.
Ansip is in charge of creating a digital single market in the European Union to boost growth in the 28-nation bloc.
"Barriers like data localization not only prevent economies of scale. Data localization also holds back the digital single market. It is not good for Europe, its businesses or for technologies," the former Estonian prime minister said at a conference.
"So, later this year, we will present an... read more
- 15:26 ‘We must improve relationship with China’ announces Donald Trump
- 15:25 BREAKING: Police media call to try trace South Yorkshire man,...
- 15:24 Rare microscopic organisms discovered in Highland loch
- 15:24 A52 Brian Clough Way signs have gone missing ahead of Derby...
- 15:23 Have Chelsea wrapped up Premier League manager, player, and goal of...
- 15:23 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic insists he has club's support as he...
- 15:23 Promise to start work on Moseley to Birmingham city centre trains...
- 15:22 Pannal residents sent survey over proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
- 15:21 Hatchimals go on sale at Asda and it may be your last chance to get...
- 15:21 Man found dead in old Hull police station named as Tyran Donaldson
- 15:20 SMALL CAP MOVERS: ServicePower soars after takeover; CloudTag also...
- 15:20 Food and drink will get more expensive and choice diminish unless...
- 15:18 Teachers warn against schooling overhaul
- 15:18 Exercising in pollution bad for the heart
- 15:18 Tamworth's biggest panto gets underway this December in the Castle...
- 15:17 Nine things NOT to do at your work Christmas party
- 15:17 PICTURES: ‘Eyesore’ rubble piles appear off Derby Road
- 15:16 Dereck Chisora insists Dillian Whyte 'is the donkey and I am going...
- 15:16 Doncaster Business Awards 2016: Meet the winners
- 15:15 Church service for bereaved parents
- 15:15 12 top tips from Derbyshire fire service on staying safe over...
- 15:14 Shares in Britain's Capita fall further as investors shun strategy
- 15:13 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:13 Pig farmer found guilty of animal cruelty - pictures
- 15:12 Monte dei Paschi shares plunge on ECB reports
- 15:12 Streets near city school to be made 20mph zone
- 15:12 Pannal residents sent survey over proposed Gypsy and Traveller site
- 15:11 Plans finally in motion to transform derelict Sheffield Ski Village...
- 15:11 QUICK QUIZ: Test your news knowledge
- 15:11 Nostalgia: More details unearthed about last rural postie