EU leaders 'not bluffing' over Brexit terms, warns Malta's PM
EU leaders are not "bluffing" when they say the UK will be left without access to the single market when it leaves the bloc if there is no free movement of people, Malta's prime minister says.
Joseph Muscat, whose country assumes the EU's presidency in January, told the BBC "this is really and truly our position and I don't see it changing".
Theresa May says the UK will begin the legal process to leave the EU by March.
Mr Muscat said talks on the details of a "new relationship" could be delayed.
Much political debate has focused on the possibility of a... read more
- 13:05 Susan’s tasty Easter treats help hospital
- 13:05 Town remembers Batley and Spen MP Jo Cox as centre renamed in her...
- 13:05 EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Rider’s eye view of Tour de Yorkshire as it heads...
- 13:05 Man jailed for injuring woman with baseball bat after text row
- 13:04 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:04 COLUMN: Sincere thanks to marathon runners
- 13:04 Caring duo ran to raise charity cash
- 13:03 Training begins for rugby union women’s team
- 13:03 King and Queen will star in village gala
- 13:02 Watch Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in LIVE
- 13:02 If bristling Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha wants easier questions...
- 13:01 Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko weigh in LIVE updates:...
- 13:01 Training begins for rugby union women’s team
- 13:01 Illegal fly-tipping halved in Warsop
- 13:01 These are the parts of Birmingham where house prices have risen most
- 13:01 Rat catcher conman Crimea Price loses appeal over ripping off...
- 13:01 Steve Bruce issues a warning to Aston Villa ahead of the Blackburn...
- 13:01 Kenichi Phillips murder: Gunman found GUILTY of killing Birmingham...
- 13:00 10 ways to get fit and healthy for summer
- 12:59 Karim Benzema to Arsenal: Real Madrid decide to sell striker,...
- 12:59 Man hunt for carjackers who attacked pick-up truck driver in Hornsea
- 12:59 Responses still needed for GP services survey
- 12:58 Four in five kids feel social media companies are failing to...
- 12:58 New care home aims to be a cut above the rest
- 12:58 Large amounts of jewellery stolen from Northampton home during...
- 12:57 Town remembers Batley and Spen MP Jo Cox as centre renamed in her...
- 12:57 A wonderful birthday weekend planned for Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- 12:56 A wonderful birthday weekend planned for Yorkshire Sculpture Park
- 12:56 Jeremy Kyle is SEETHING at guest who destroyed show’s hotel and...
- 12:56 Best Foot Forward: Stoodley Pike and Cragg Vale from Mytholmroyd