EU finally gets its own ARMED force as Brussels ‘private army’ border guard launches
Officers with the newly created European Border and Coast Guard (EBCG) will be stationed on European soil carrying automatic weapons in a worrying new development for civil liberties and freedom.
The troopers, who will answer directly to unelected bureaucrats in Brussels, are being tasked with patrolling the continent’s land and sea borders in a bid to bring the migration crisis under control.
But there will be fears that eurocrats are actually trying to revive their controversial dream of creating their own paramilitary police force, which was watered down amid a mass public outcry a... read more
- 08:25 Get your gladrags on, Whitby’s White Lily Ball is coming!
- 08:25 WIN a three-course meal for two at top Whitby restaurant
- 08:25 Restaurant Group reports slip in sales
- 08:25 Colonel Kemp backs controversial deportation proposal: 'What's the...
- 08:24 Handing over the handlebars at cycle shop
- 08:24 Latest court reports from Kirklees Magistrates
- 08:24 Chief executive to leave Northumberland County Council
- 08:24 Burnley chairman Mike Garlick admits his club faces a battle to...
- 08:23 Council takes steps to get coach drivers using new facility
- 08:23 Town councillor criticises mayor for ditching civic party
- 08:23 Up to 5,000 troops ready to deploy as UK remains on 'critical'...
- 08:23 Paxton House set to celebrate anniversary
- 08:23 Tories' lead over Labour narrows in first poll since Manchester...
- 08:23 Sheffield hit-and-run driver in 'dark car' sought after knocking...
- 08:23 Go Outdoors to hold family fun day
- 08:23 China stocks end week higher, state-led buying offsets Moody's...
- 08:23 Road closed in Tutbury due to an accident involving one car
- 08:22 Engelbert Humperdinck new LP riding high in album charts
- 08:22 Michael Watson: Time to invest in making society better
- 08:21 Your guide to Bank Holiday opening times for Leeds pharmacies
- 08:21 Former school pays respects to Hartlepool mum killed in Manchester...
- 08:21 Meet the 'butterfly' baby: 11-month-old boy has skin so fragile...
- 08:21 MSPs have ‘no confidence’ in Scottish Police Authority chairman
- 08:20 North East Bank Holiday weekend weather guide - here's all you need...
- 08:18 Former Greens leader backs Labour’s Ian Murray in Edinburgh South
- 08:18 General Election Poll: Conservatives’ lead over Labour falls
- 08:18 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:17 LIVE Hull City news and rumours as Marco Silva's departure is...
- 08:17 Asylum seekers at Australian-run detention centre told to leave or...
- 08:17 New night shelter for Grimsby's homeless 'will save lives'