EU branded ‘disgrace’ for giving Afghanistan £11BN in aid as it promises to take migrants
Human rights groups have hit out at the Brussels club after it sealed a deal with the Afghan government to allow its member sates to deport an unlimited number of the country’s asylum seekers.
The move comes as Europe promised to hand £11.4BILLION (€13.bn) in foreign aid for developments in Afghanistan.
Amnesty International said: “Trading Afghan government acceptance of returned Afghan nationals for development aid is an absolute disgrace.
“This represents another dark moment in EU foreign relations.”
Brussels bureaucrats have been forced to deny any connection between the cash and... read more
- 14:00 You have just ONE WEEK to spend your old paper £5 notes
- 14:00 Tony Ferguson slams Nate Diaz: He's all on Conor McGregor's d**k!
- 14:00 National Lottery results: Winning Lotto numbers for tonight's...
- 13:59 How ELO play a vital part in new blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy 2
- 14:00 UKIP candidate will stand for Wales
- 13:59 Could Aston Villa sponsor the Aston Expressway?
- 13:59 Spineless SFA should not 'pass the buck' over child sex abuse –...
- 13:59 Taps aff? Scotland set for a scorcher after May bank holiday as...
- 13:58 Two new businesses move into the Arcade
- 13:57 German soldier posed as Syrian refugee and 'planned attack'
- 13:57 Teacher denied op that could “save her life’’
- 13:56 The 11 stars who could miss Tottenham v Arsenal this Sunday
- 13:56 Caring Darren rasies hundreds for Bassetlaw children’s ward with...
- 13:56 Garage to be rebuilt along with 26 new properties?
- 13:55 Council gives green light to controversial travellers’ site
- 13:55 Strike up the band for the finale of popular concerts
- 13:54 Plans revealed to expand Isle of Axholme primary school
- 13:54 Winner of EuroMillions prize who bought ticket in Doncaster fails...
- 13:53 Susanna Reid in shock as cameraman DESTROYS Good Morning Britain set
- 13:53 Kim Kardashian says armed robbery was meant to happen in first TV...
- 13:53 Tottenham v Arsenal Combined XI: Would any Gunners make it into the...
- 13:51 Lewis Hamilton opens up on ‘painful’ Bahrain defeat ahead of...
- 13:51 Lloyds bucks expectations of post-Brexit dip as first-quarter...
- 13:50 Pendle sex predator jailed for life
- 13:49 Car-free Channel Island in Avis car hire advert 'gaffe'
- 13:49 Dame Judi: I love Tracey Ullman's 'evil Judi' sketches
- 13:48 9 Things that probably happened to you at The Rainbow pub in Digbeth
- 13:48 Here's one player that WILL be leaving Aston Villa this summer
- 13:48 China revises mapping law to bolster territorial claims
- 13:46 The Scots who could be heading for the Premier League