EU bank crisis rules having negative impact on sector - BOI
New European rules for dealing with bank crises are having a negative impact on the sector and not just in Italy, the director general of the Bank of Italy said on Wednesday.
The new rules, which have been gradually introduced over the past few years, state that investors in an ailing bank - including retail bondholders and depositors with more of 100,000 euros - must be hit before any taxpayer money can be used to prop up the lender.
Salvatore Rossi, in comments e-mailed to Reuters, said that while it was right in principle to shield taxpayers, hitting retail investors in bank... read more
- 00:33 Wayne Rooney sends huge warning to Manchester City ahead of derby...
- 00:33 Barcelona v Real Marid: Luis Enrique reveals the secret to...
- 00:31 Major breakthrough in search for cause of MS
- 00:30 Pep Guardiola failing to make the grade in the Premier League with...
- 00:30 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha: This is why we lost to Celtic in the...
- 00:29 Futures rally after centrist takes first round in French election
- 00:29 Afghan Taliban's brazen attack eclipses Trump's 'mother of all bombs'
- 00:26 Period details of horror, from the Victorian era to today
- 00:26 Why ‘Anywheres’ ignore ‘Somewheres’ at their peril
- 00:26 The Good Book of the Manics
- 00:26 City have it all to do after first-leg loss
- 00:26 Gift of the Gab gives Bruce derby day spoils
- 00:26 Sinclair dreams of the perfect treble
- 00:26 How Ofcom meddling is harming the communications sector
- 00:26 Never believe predictions, especially about the future
- 00:26 Is private property peculiar to capitalism and do socialists want...
- 00:26 Overturning the rigged system
- 00:26 Syria: Government captures more ground in Hama province
- 00:26 Marine Le Pen says France’s survival ‘at stake’ in impassioned...
- 00:26 Afghanistan: President declares day of mourning
- 00:26 Euro SURGES after anti-EU 'nightmare scenario' in French election...
- 00:27 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp unhappy with how his side defended...
- 00:26 Ukraine: Land mine explosion kills OSCE observer in Donbass
- 00:27 London Marathon: How to enter the ballot for the 2018 race
- 00:26 Talking is the way to achieve world peace
- 00:26 EU chief praises Macron as ‘hope of a generation’ ahead of Marine...
- 00:26 Corbyn: Scots’ lives better under Labour
- 00:26 Tories play down talk of tax rises if Conservatives win snap...
- 00:26 The Tories want to finish us off
- 00:26 Leicester Curry Awards winner revealed