Erdogan says TurkStream, nuclear power deals with Russia to be expedited
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday the TurkStream natural gas pipeline project with Russia and plans for a Russian-built nuclear power plant in Turkey would be accelerated as ties between the two countries are normalised.
Speaking at a joint news conference in Istanbul after signing an agreement on TurkStream with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Erdogan said time lost on the Akkuyu project would be made up.
In 2013, Rosatom won a $20 billion contract to build four reactors in what was to become Turkey's first nuclear plant, but construction was halted after Turkey shot down a... read more
- 07:55 Watchdog clamps down on online gambling
- 07:55 Pupils scoop silver at Gardener’s World
- 07:55 Radio station to host hospice charity’s business club
- 07:55 Martin Flanagan: Chancellor tries to ease Brexit concerns
- 07:53 Germans' purchasing power grows at slowest pace in more than three...
- 07:53 Video: Johnny Depp jokes about Donald Trump assassination
- 07:53 Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea: Details include five-year deal and...
- 07:53 Safety concerns as Carlisle road cracks in heat
- 07:52 Tamworth FC: Time running out for early-bird offer
- 07:52 Tamworth FC's Louis is raring to go after his injury hell
- 07:52 Funding pot of up to £5,000 open for youth groups in South Holland...
- 07:52 British and Irish Lions can end New Zealand's unbeaten run at Eden...
- 07:51 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:51 Premier League transfer gossip: Arsenal lead race for Kylian...
- 07:49 GCSE students shine at ArtWaves
- 07:49 Terrifying armed robbers traumatised family after they were held at...
- 07:48 Headbutt attack inside Notts pub caught on video
- 07:48 Disruption to Nottingham tram services due to tram failure
- 07:48 Trespassers on the tracks delay Nottingham trains
- 07:47 Manchester United’s Matteo Darmian calls Jose Mourinho to force...
- 07:47 VIDEO: Talented 14-year-old singer from Rippingale will appear on...
- 07:47 Trojans bid for hat-trick of Heavy Woollen Cup victories
- 07:46 Guest column: Grenfell Tower tragedy shows why cuts to emergency...
- 07:44 Action-packed weekend of entertainment at South Derbyshire's...
- 07:43 Foodies give £60m boost to Loch Lomond national park
- 07:42 Tories deny using Neath call centre to breach election law
- 07:42 MARKET REPORT: Pharma stocks cushion the blow as weak oil prices...
- 07:41 Archbishop to make tracks for Whitby
- 07:41 Brave Bradley Lowery having a 'brilliant time' as he visits Whitby
- 07:40 Heartbroken family of teenager Nell Jones who died in Manchester...