Epic walk continues for Lions
Four years ago a group of walkers from Horncastle Lions Club set off on an epic adventure walking the 150 miles of the Viking Way from Rutland Water to the Humber Bridge.
A year later they took in another 75 miles of the Yorkshire Wolds Way to Filey and last weekend walked another 25 miles along the scenic coast to Robin Hood’s Bay.
The Bay is the start point of the challenging Coast to Coast Walk from the North Sea to the Irish sea, devised by famous writer and broadcaster Alfred Wainwright.
Whether the Lions, most of whom are in their 70s, are up to it remains to be seen, but having now... read more
- 13:45 Peter Andre suggests medication for anxiety is ‘wiping the problem...
- 13:44 Uncertainty for 20 staff at Barrow construction firm amid reported...
- 13:44 Church cash denied
- 13:44 New village speed signs for Deeping St Nicholas
- 13:44 Bill for grass cutting
- 13:42 Cops target Notts drivers using their mobile phones
- 13:43 Why earthworms are so important
- 13:42 Boozy driver confused by Worksop roadworks
- 13:42 Rampton patient lashed out at “bullying” nurse
- 13:42 Vodka thief sent back to prison for £7 theft in Mansfield
- 13:42 Premier League Team of the Season revealed - but there's a twist
- 13:42 Done Deal: West Brom tie down Gareth McAuley to new contract
- 13:42 Jose Mourinho has back-up plan should Antoine Griezmann snub Man...
- 13:41 SSE fearful of lower annual profits than expected as customers gear...
- 13:40 Film review: Ghost in the Shell
- 13:39 ‘Railway history’ to be made as station reopens after 50 years
- 13:39 Army reservist qualifies as elite fitness instructor
- 13:39 CCTV APPEAL: Assault at McDonalds in Blackpool
- 13:39 India privately took Amazon to task over insulting flag doormat
- 13:38 GLOBAL MARKETS-Euro dips as price data further dampens ECB hike bets
- 13:38 American Airlines passenger jet pilot dies on final approach
- 13:36 'It was love at first sight'
- 13:36 Royal Bank of Scotland names Helen Cook as HR chief
- 13:36 Canal trust looking for new volunteers
- 13:35 LSE launches 200 million pound share buyback
- 13:35 Transfer News: Man United back after Bale, Chelsea agree fee,...
- 13:35 Chelsea to hold summer talks with lethal striker after he sparked...
- 13:35 Expected Liverpool XI: Who makes Klopp’s 4-3-3 for Everton game...
- 13:35 Manchester United offer contract to Napoli forward Dries Mertens
- 13:35 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann greeted by David de Gea