England's hero of the day Dawid Malan thrived on the most rewarding pitch in Test cricket... the WACA is ferocious but we'll miss it when it's gone
A road, Kevin Pietersen called it. Others trotted out the numbers that prove the WACA has lost its terrors. And an overnight first innings score of 305-4 for England would suggest that, too. It must have been easy if the Kontiki cricketers can bat on it.
Yet those who were there, either baking in the sun, or huddling under the duvet for warmth at home and watching through the night, will tell a different story.
The demise of what was once the fastest wicket in world cricket has been very much exaggerated. The WACA is still ferocious, it still brings the brutal best out of genuine quick... read more
- 16:19 Tesco to close down its loss-making Tesco Direct website in July...
- 16:19 German police to check on children at airports in truancy crackdown
- 16:19 Motorists ticketed after parking illegally near Peak District...
- 16:19 Take a trip to Tesco with this ASOS shopping basket handbag
- 16:19 Council bosses set to scrap proposal for permanent stopover site...
- 16:18 Rip-off letting fees to be banned in move to protect 5,000,000 renters
- 16:18 ‘Venom man’ actually lets cobras bite him once a week
- 16:17 When is the Championship play-off final? Aston Villa vs Fulham...
- 16:17 Djuna Barnes's writing is exhilarating – but steeped in the worst...
- 16:17 New West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini to give Hammers star second chance
- 16:17 Champions League final: Liverpool given advice on how to beat Real...
- 16:16 Hilton man who caused 11-day fire which partially closed A50...
- 16:14 Take walk around boundary route
- 16:13 Little girl writes the most adorable motivational note to herself...
- 16:12 Food industry in England fails to meet sugar reduction target
- 16:12 Hospice super heroes in action
- 16:11 Protesters attack 'secret deal' over land sale for shopping centre
- 16:09 Birmingham woman guilty of duping daughter into forced marriage
- 16:09 A master of deadpan delivery
- 16:09 Liverpool midfielder Emre Can ‘doesn’t deserve’ to face Real Madrid...
- 16:09 Pep Guardiola considers making move for Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt
- 16:09 Google search reveals names of rape victims
- 16:09 Arsenal close to signing Barcelona wonderkid Joel Lopez
- 16:09 Fashion: David Gandy’s Aspinal of London Aerodrome Collection
- 16:09 Cocktail glasses at the ready: Mango flavoured Malibu is here
- 16:08 Hundreds of jobs at risk with closure of Tesco Direct
- 16:08 M&S to close its Freeport store
- 16:08 Food industry fails to meet five per cent sugar reduction target
- 16:08 Clean slate for Belper Town’s players, says new boss Black
- 16:08 "£400m the sector doesn't have": Nigel Evans MP criticises...