England injury double blow as James Anderson and Mark Wood miss Bangladesh tour
England have suffered a double blow to their seam bowling ranks as James Anderson and Mark Wood were ruled out of the Bangladesh tour due to a recurrence of recent injuries.
Spearhead Anderson, as expected, was forced to withdraw from the Test squad due to continuing problems with his right shoulder although Wood's omission with ongoing left ankle issues comes as a surprise.
The Durham paceman's place in the squad for the three one-day internationals has been handed to Steven Finn while Jake Ball, already in the ODI line-up, will stay on for the two-Test series that follows.
The England and... read more
- 18:47 Boy dies and three others hurt in Rochdale field
- 18:43 Jailed Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe ‘to face new trial’
- 18:40 Neymar: PSG star hands Man City boss Pep Guardiola HUGE transfer boost
- 18:39 BMW PGA Championship: McIlroy bounces back with luck to keep a...
- 18:38 England face defeat despite Jos Buttler and Dom Bess heroics – 4...
- 18:38 Champions League final line-ups: Gareth Bale dropped for Real...
- 18:37 Will Smith's World Cup song Live It Up released for Russia 2018
- 18:35 The roadworks planned on South Yorkshire's motorways next week
- 18:31 Champions League Final FREE LIVE STREAM - How to watch Liverpool vs...
- 18:30 Train somehow gets lost in Yorkshire on way to Reading
- 18:29 Irish abortion referendum: Ireland overturns abortion ban
- 18:27 Ireland votes by landslide to legalise abortion
- 18:27 Romanised causes 25-1 shock in Irish 2,000 Guineas at Curragh
- 18:25 History made as Ireland votes to legalise abortion in...
- 18:22 Liverpool News: £96m La Liga raid eyed, Fekir deal ‘likely’, Reds...
- 18:21 Why Liverpool won’t be wearing their new kit against Real Madrid in...
- 18:17 Big Bang comp challenges pupils from West Cumbrian schools
- 18:17 Cash boost and award for Whitehaven organisation
- 18:17 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 18:15 Champions League final: Liverpool fitness concern over Salah and...
- 18:15 Zero Degrees Festival in Louth will be bigger and better this year
- 18:10 Champions League final: Liverpool legend Graeme Souness SLAMS...
- 18:04 Harvey Weinstein: What next after first charges filed
- 18:02 Parents cry for joy as they find missing son after 24 years
- 18:00 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:59 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:58 NHS accolade for popular Wigan heart doctor
- 17:55 ‘Nightmare’ on Boston Road is worse than ever
- 17:53 Work begins on second phase of Sheffield road resurfacing programme
- 17:52 Champions League final: Why Tottenham prove Liverpool can beat Real...