England captain Wayne Rooney: I have lost pace but my football brain brings me up to speed
It is generally accepted there is a point in every player's career when they hit the wall and the downward spiral begins, so is Rooney the busted flush destined never to rescale the heights?
"I have said many times that people are entitled to their opinions," said the 30-year-old. "It is football and you cannot play all the time even if you want to.
"I am at a stage now where I want to play. I have never really been at this stage in my career [where I am not playing]. I am a fighter. I want to get back in the team. I will work hard to try and do that. That is where I am... read more
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...
- 11:29 Tamworth FC boss Morrell is desperate for consistency
- 11:25 Arsene Wenger’s brother lifts lid on ‘problem’ at Arsenal
- 11:24 Former Chelsea midfielder: I felt sick to the stomach after this
- 11:24 GREECE IN PANIC: Citizens withdraw £2.1bn from banks in 45 DAYS...
- 11:24 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:23 Icelandic fishermen to sail again as strike ends
- 11:22 Vitamin D can help stave of colds and flu say doctors
- 11:21 A year ago, Israel, Jordan and Egypt secretly met for peace - report
- 11:20 Manchester United ready to reward Jose Mourinho with new...
- 11:20 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:20 Hero's welcome for Briton who died fighting IS in Syria