Energy-intensive industry continues to call for free EU CO2 permits
A group of 15 European energy-intensive industry associations called in a statement on Tuesday for the European Parliament to reject a tiered approach to handing out free EU carbon permits to industry and to keep full free allocation.
Many energy-intensive industries say higher costs for carbon in Europe raises the risk of businesses moving to regions where pollution regulations are less strict.
The group includes the European Cement Association, the Confederation of European Paper Industries, the European Precious Metals Federation, the European Copper Institute, the European Chemical... read more
- 02:02 Berlin set for mass evacuation as WW2 bomb is defused
- 01:57 Baize aces collect their awards
- 01:53 Time 100 list: New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern praised as 'political...
- 01:23 South Africa: Ramaphosa leaves Commonwealth summit to deal with...
- 01:22 New 'shadow' council to be set up for north of Northamptonshire
- 01:02 National Trust should be 'radical'
- 00:56 Sudoku hard 4039
- 00:54 Premier League clubs post record profits last season thanks to TV...
- 00:53 ‘Magic’ mushrooms to boost Caledonian Forest restoration
- 00:45 REVEALED: Harrogate Advertiser Business Awards winners 2018
- 00:45 How an asparagus farmer's death spurred robotic innovation
- 00:44 How does he do it? Secrets of David Copperfield’s disappearing...
- 00:44 Chelsea left back Marcos Alonso meets up with friends for a meal...
- 00:41 Premier League club revenues soar to £4.5bn
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Theresa May rides out Windrush storm - but Amber...
- 00:39 Charlotte Burns: Little substance to promises of a green future
- 00:39 Leonie Jackson: Why Enoch Powell’s Rivers of Blood speech still...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: A lack of nuance. Immigration debate still...
- 00:38 Poorest families 'going without food or power'
- 00:36 UK's Alys Tomlinson named photographer of year at Sony awards
- 00:36 Javier Bardem defends Woody Allen: 'I am very shocked by this...
- 00:36 Smartphone overuse increases loneliness and anxiety, and forms...
- 00:36 Crick mum names baby after hotel her waters broke in during...
- 00:35 German swastika ticket row as Hitler play opens in Konstanz
- 00:33 Mystery 'explosion' heard across large parts of Doncaster
- 00:32 Why this India priest carried an 'untouchable' into a temple
- 00:30 Steven Pienaar sees Football Welcomes as great way to bring people...
- 00:29 Europe migrants: Austria to seize migrants' phones in asylum clampdown
- 00:27 The Amazon’s solar-powered river bus
- 00:25 Five ways China's past has shaped its present