Energy, bank stocks lead Wall Street higher
Stocks on Wall Street rose Wednesday led by the energy sector as oil prices rallied and as financials gained on the increasing likelihood of an interest rate hike after strong economic data.
Activity in the U.S. services sector hit an 11-month high in September, an encouraging sign for economic growth that may nudge the Federal Reserve toward an interest rate increase before the year ends.
Banks .SPXBK, seen benefiting from an eventual rate hike, gained 2 percent as a group -the most for any day in two months.
"We’re taking a little victory lap today after the surprisingly good... read more
- 10:38 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:38 Royal Highland Show 2018: Everything you need to know
- 10:38 Centre Parcs set to trial fun jet powered water board in leisure...
- 10:38 Music & Spoken Word review: Bill Murray, Jan Vogler and Friends,...
- 10:38 Was Seaton the best in the country at welcoming the roadshow?
- 10:38 JELLYFISH: Warning after hundreds of stinging jellyfish hit Fylde...
- 10:37 Lukasz Fabianski joins West Ham: Poland star explains why he...
- 10:36 New award on the menu for ‘innovative’ food firms
- 10:36 Children sent to ‘tender age’ shelters after being separated from...
- 10:36 RETRO: Star Sheridan makes her entrance 37 years ago
- 10:34 Amelia’s Americana sound is unplugged
- 10:34 Fylde Coast GPs will not offer hayfever remedies
- 10:34 Sheffield school lands national award for its science work
- 10:34 Metal detectorists unearth unique hoard of Roman artefacts
- 10:33 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:31 GALLERY: Amazing pictures from inside the derelict Royal Court Theatre
- 10:31 Watch out for these fake texts about your mobile phone bill
- 10:30 Well-known Burnley youth club leader dies
- 10:30 This is how Warwick University is supporting women in engineering
- 10:29 Tony Abbott signals he'll cross the floor to vote against...
- 10:29 'Please let me lay him to rest' Grieving sister issues burial plea...
- 10:28 Yorkshire cycle scheme helping young and old
- 10:28 Ripon shop burglary: CCTV image of suspect
- 10:26 Knight’s Days - the Life at Westminster column with MP Sir Greg Knight
- 10:26 Blackpool South MP’s concern at sharing of student’s data
- 10:26 World record bid at Blackpool music event
- 10:26 Amelia’s Americana sound is unplugged
- 10:26 Fylde Coast GPs will not offer hayfever remedies
- 10:26 Hundreds turn out for charity Big Toddle at Blackpool Zoo
- 10:25 Man Utd fans praise Ashley Young for crashing Harry Kane’s England...