End of diesel? Fuel could be doomed as German cities ban paves way for Europe
Earlier this week, in a landmark case, German cities were granted to the right to ban diesel cars.
The bans were allowed after concerns about the growing air pollution were raised.
In Germany 70 cities exceeded EU limits for NO2 last year.
The decision by the Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig has paved the way for other European cities to ban these cars.
Concerns from diesel drivers have led many to question what the future of the fuel type is.
There has been a significant reduction in the amount of diesel cars registered in Britain with market share dropping from 45 per cent to 33... read more
- 13:53 Manchester United Player Ratings: How did Lingard, Matic and co...
- 13:50 Flood warning ahead of high tide
- 13:50 Steve Hansen adamant he 'won't be coaching England' if he ever...
- 13:50 Everton striker Cenk Tosun heaps praise on Duncan Ferguson after...
- 13:50 Roads are open but conditions are still hazardous
- 13:49 Young girl critically injured following south Cumbria crash
- 13:47 We’re all going to need a giant unicorn sprinkler come summer*
- 13:47 What is catfishing and how can you spot it?
- 13:42 WEEKEND WEB: Uncovering history from the depths of the sea
- 13:42 Trump accuses Andrew McCabe of producing 'fake memos' of meetings
- 13:40 Roads are open but roads are still hazardous
- 13:39 Lady Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde obituary
- 13:36 First woman appointed in role at RAF Wittering
- 13:36 Roger Federer: Fitness concern revealed for Swiss legend ahead of...
- 13:35 Council slammed for ‘victim-blaming’ poster which suggests women...
- 13:35 Couple who claimed food poisoning at holiday resort caught out by...
- 13:32 Sunderland 0-2 Preston North End: Five things we learned
- 13:32 Pub bombings campaigner to speak at huge football supporter demo in...
- 13:31 SNOW UPDATE: Bus services still disrupted in Doncaster
- 13:30 Nintendo Switch games shock as new Pokemon news is revealed
- 13:30 Fortnite update: Jet pack release date could bring THIS big change...
- 13:30 Pensioners who wanted to pimp their zimmer frames had their wishes...
- 13:28 'Homer Simpson' pulled over by police in Milton Keynes
- 13:27 Jessie Wallace speaks of nerves ahead of return to EastEnders
- 13:26 Good news for little Kian Musgrove as scans reveal that his cancer...
- 13:25 Salisbury attack: How much of the UK's gas comes from Russia?
- 13:25 Barcelona news LIVE updates: Team vs Athletic Bilbao; Luis Suarez &...
- 13:24 Gritting and road repair crews doubled
- 13:24 Ceremony held to mark rebuilding of signal box in Deeping St James
- 13:23 Money Saving Expert Martin Lewis's secret rule will save you...