EMERGING MARKETS-Emerging stocks rise; politics, dollar pressure Turkey
Oct 4 Turkey's lira fell to two-month lows on Tuesday as the suspension of some 12,800 police signalled a continuation of the government's crackdown after July's failed coup, though global equity gains allowed emerging shares to rise for a second day.
Strong U.S. manufacturing data supporter the dollar and took a toll on emerging currencies overall, with markets now pricing a U.S. interest rate rise in December. However, signs of positive growth momentum in the world's largest economy boosted emerging equities, which rose 0.4 percent.
But the impact of positive PMI data in many countries... read more
- 11:36 World Cup fantasy football tips: Most picked XI ahead of Round 2...
- 11:33 F1: Red Bull announce two-year engine deal with Honda
- 11:33 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:33 Driver left with serious injuries after collision with lorries on...
- 11:31 Major investment made in re-branded Grasmere hotel
- 11:30 What the Queen and Meghan had for lunch at Chester Town Hall
- 11:29 Aidan McAnespie: Soldier charged over checkpoint killing
- 11:29 Lloyds under pressure as HBOS fraud report is published
- 11:29 Sight charity holding open day in Kettering
- 11:29 All three opposition councillor groups call for "extraordinary...
- 11:28 Berwickshire lifeboat crews in action
- 11:28 Goswick to stage Open qualifying
- 11:28 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:28 Gallery: Top brass entertain at Hebden Bridge March Contest
- 11:27 Body found in Lincolnshire drain near Sibsey formerly identified as...
- 11:27 Sheffield and Rotherham men charged over rape of girl, aged 14
- 11:26 Huge Tesco Direct gaming sale ahead of site shutdown
- 11:24 Carlisle man who attacked ex-girlfriend told he's going to prison
- 11:24 How many goals has Harry Kane scored for England and who are...
- 11:24 Bulldoze or rebuild? Architects at odds over future of Glasgow...
- 11:24 'Inadequate' care firm fined £142,500 for safety breach that led to...
- 11:23 Dozens feared dead as overloaded Sumatra ferry sinks
- 11:22 E.On announces 4.8% dual fuel price rise
- 11:22 Mobile app keeping Cumbria fit and healthy
- 11:21 Fake £50 notes used in Ripon and Harrogate: CCTV image of suspects
- 11:20 Malcolm Turnbull says media makes China-Australia relations look bad
- 11:20 Slave trader’s portrait removed from Bristol lord mayor’s office
- 11:19 Restaurant and homes plan approved for Whitburn
- 11:19 'Inadequate' care firm fined £142,500 for safety breach that led to...
- 11:19 Rushden man jailed for historic child sex abuse