EMERGING MARKETS-EM stocks edge up, rouble pressured ahead of oil producer talks
Emerging equities edged off one-week lows on Wednesday, tracking a bounce in developed markets, but emerging currencies remained under pressure with the rouble slipping ahead of oil producer talks as hopes faded for a deal to curb output.
The benchmark emerging stocks index rose 0.13 percent after European markets opened stronger helped by a 3 percent rise in Deutsche Bank shares, climbing off a record low.
The bank has been hit by a $14 billion fine over claims that it mis-sold mortgage-backed securities and, like other euro zone lenders, has been squeezed by the European Central Bank's... read more
- 09:40 Football transfer rumours: Manchester City to let John Stones go?
- 09:40 Liverpool vs Roma: Mo Salah key in battle of underdogs - Klopp
- 09:39 Time is running out to enter the Wakefield Business Awards
- 09:39 Three-vehicle crash near Stoneleigh
- 09:39 Pothole ends Kenilworth man’s 140 mile charity challenge
- 09:36 Man attacked near Sheffield massage parlour still 'critical'
- 09:36 Morecambe theatre to host zoo party
- 09:36 Could you take on the ninja obstacle course that is coming to Leeds?
- 09:35 What work can you do to your home without planning permission?
- 09:35 Morocco World Cup 2026 bid faces up to fresh scrutiny as FIFA send...
- 09:35 Britain braced to be drenched by April showers after spring heatwave
- 09:35 Carlo Ancelotti has 'secret meeting' with Italy as he closes in on...
- 09:35 Carbon monoxide poison warning after three people were hospitalised
- 09:35 Brighouse company teaches children importance of learning first aid
- 09:35 Michael Owen’s Champions League & Europa League predictions,...
- 09:33 Severe disruption to Northern train services after incident between...
- 09:32 Plans for new Premier Inn on Scarborough waterpark site revealed
- 09:32 Corbyn must expel antisemites, says Holocaust survivor
- 09:31 Watch: What work can you do to your home WITHOUT planning permission?
- 09:31 'Hipster salty sea dog': Jacinda Ardern defends partner 'Clarke...
- 09:30 Britain’s Most Wanted list: sexual crimes
- 09:30 Sheffield killer facing life for shooting is no stranger to prison
- 09:30 Expansion planned at prominent Carlisle factory
- 09:30 Thousands of men put their lives at risk in Cumbria
- 09:30 Latest news from Seahouses WI
- 09:29 Drug dealing gang sentenced to more than 50 years
- 09:29 First store to open at Sheffield's newest retail park this week
- 09:29 Identiy of SNP consultant who met Cambridge Analytica revealed
- 09:28 Atletico Madrid dealt huge injury blow for Arsenal clash
- 09:28 Arsene Wenger critics are ‘stupid’… he’s not the real reason...