Emergency crews called to large fire at disused building in New Basford
Emergency crews have been called to a fire at a disused industrial site in New Basford this morning.
Residents in the High Church Street area have been urged to stay indoors while the blaze is tackled and there are a number of road closures - including Hedley Street, Beech Avenue, Mount Street and High Church Street itself.
Nottinghamshire Police were called just after 4am to assist Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue service.
Anyone who plans to remain in the area this morning is being advised to stay indoors, keep doors and windows closed and await further information.
Anyone who plans to... read more
- 09:15 History showcase at Proact stadium draws exhibitors from all over...
- 09:15 DERBYSHIRE: Historic hotel to be demolished
- 09:15 Woman who suffered up to ten seizures a day can now go out on her...
- 09:14 Thousands to go back in time as Brighouse 1940s weekend returns
- 09:12 Robert shows his sugarcraft skills
- 09:11 Misterton names its Citizens of the Year
- 09:10 Football transfer rumours: Toby Alderweireld to Manchester United
- 09:10 Can Bridlington land major fishing award?
- 09:10 Teenage girl and man face more questioning over fatal stabbing in...
- 09:03 EXCLUSIVE: San Francisco 49ers buy minority stake in Leeds United
- 09:02 Hearty reasons for a celebration
- 09:02 YOUR SAY: New speed camera vans on our roads
- 09:02 The worst tackles, challenges and fouls in the history of the...
- 09:02 Real Madrid news: Neymar hotly tipped to make stunning La Liga return
- 09:02 Northumberland Livestock
- 09:02 Geordie artist’s images for sale at Morpeth auction venue
- 09:01 More police to deal with crime and yobs in Doncaster town centre
- 09:01 Alert as nuisance bikers problem spreads to central Doncaster
- 09:00 Whistleblower ‘taped to chair and told “This is what you get when...
- 08:58 Unai Emery in his own words: on his Arsenal ambitions, Ozil,...
- 08:57 Motorists urged to avoid peak journey times over the Bank Holiday...
- 08:56 Missing Burnley man found
- 08:56 Baby death suspect still in police custody in Sheffield
- 08:56 FTSE LIVE: City heavyweight Deutsche Bank to slash 7000 jobs as...
- 08:55 You really do need to cut back on booze and bacon to lower your...
- 08:55 Your waterproof sun cream might not be so waterproof after all
- 08:55 Jack has his designs set on top award
- 08:55 School appeal is global affair
- 08:54 Favourite Things: Nothing than outdoors for work and down time
- 08:54 Teen arrested after Norbreck Castle Hotel rooftop stand-off