Embassies stay shut after terror attack warning

Britain and France kept their embassies in Yemen closed today after the United States warned of a possible attack.
The US State Department said at the weekend that 19 US embassies and consulates in the Middle East and Africa would remain closed until Saturday.
It had initially closed 21 diplomatic posts for the day on Sunday.
Britain had said last week that it would close its embassy in Yemen on August 4 and 5. It plans to keep its mission closed until Thursday, as does France.
The Yemeni Interior Ministry said late on Sunday that it would tighten security at ports, airports, oil pipelines,... read more

 
6 August 2013 in World News, Views: 19
Source: Morning Star
Share:
 




News Widget for Webmasters


Realtime News

 

«
»
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30