Embalming fluid error kills patient in Russian hospital

Embalming fluid error kills patient in Russian hospital
 

Russian authorities are prosecuting doctors who accidentally gave a woman a fatal dose of formaldehyde instead of saline after an operation.
A senior doctor at the Ulyanovsk hospital, Vladimir Demin, has been sacked, Russian media say. Formaldehyde is used for embalming corpses.
The region's health minister said the team had tried to rectify the error by giving the patient 10 litres of saline.
The 28-year-old died in intensive care after being moved to a Moscow hospital.
Ulyanovsk is a city on the River Volga, 876km (544 miles) east of Moscow.
Russia's Vesti news reports that the fatal... read more

 
10 April 2018 in World News, Views: 49
Source: BBC
Share:
 




News Widget for Webmasters


Realtime News

 

«
»
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
            1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30