Ellie, six, lands role in new film about Rutland man's struggle with sepsis
A new film about a Rutland man's struggle with a horrific disease has cast a young actor from Market Harborough as his daughter.
Starfish tells the disturbing story of Tom Ray, from Uppingham, who contracted sepsis in 2000 and had to have his arms, legs and mouth amputated.
The film has been written and directed by Bill Clark, who lives in Seaton, Rutland, and the film began casting last year.
Six-year-old Ellie Copping was just four when her mum, Louisa, saw the advertisement on Facebook for a young actor to play Mr Ray's daughter, Grace.
Louisa said: "There was an advert on a Market... read more
- 10:03 Police release e-fit of man suspected of pulling down woman’s hijab
- 10:02 Police in Barrow issue advice on wearing clown costumes for Halloween
- 10:02 Kenilworth barbershop singers to perform in one-off concert
- 10:02 Chelsea captain John Terry set to miss Man United clash with...
- 10:01 By-election to be held for former prime minister David Cameron’s...
- 10:01 Police issue image of car in relation to Banbury attempted murder
- 10:01 Chance to get involved in plan
- 10:01 Appeal to find missing Warwick woman
- 10:01 Councillors allay fears over relocation of Visions Children’s...
- 10:01 Meet the man behind the gruelling 10K Wolf Run
- 10:00 Hard Brexit ‘would spell disaster for many farms’
- 10:00 Rangers ace Niko Kranjcar in crock shock - Ibrox chiefs fear...
- 09:59 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho reacts to Paul Pogba-Wayne Rooney Europa...
- 09:59 Shkodran Mustafi sends message to Arsenal stars: We have to keep...
- 09:59 Alain Juppe says Calais migrant checks should return to UK
- 09:59 Man United enter transfer battle with Liverpool and Leicester for...
- 09:59 Expected Chelsea XI: How Antonio Conte will take on Man United with...
- 09:58 Three Conservation Areas have been put on the at risk register
- 09:59 PICTURE: Mysterious Turin Shroud-style horse's head appears on...
- 09:58 Aberfan remembered 50 years on: Minute's silence to honour 144 killed
- 09:58 Two vehicle smash closes busy road
- 09:58 Competition watchdog to probe online gambling firms amid unfair...
- 09:57 Yorkshire businesses ‘can benefit massively’ from American...
- 09:57 Is this the longest marriage in Brid?
- 09:57 Arsene Wenger tells Mesut Ozil Arsenal is the perfect club for him...
- 09:57 Jurgen Klopp has the joy of a full-strength Liverpool squad for...
- 09:57 Big rise in crimes behind closed doors, says Yorkshire police chief
- 09:56 Government borrowing rises to £10.6bn in September
- 09:55 North Yorkshire MP calls for crack-down on online ticket touts
- 09:55 Advice on how to keep rats at bay