Ellie, six, lands role in new film about Rutland man's struggle with sepsis
A new film about a Rutland man's struggle with a horrific disease has cast a young actor from Market Harborough as his daughter.
Starfish tells the disturbing story of Tom Ray, from Uppingham, who contracted sepsis in 2000 and had to have his arms, legs and mouth amputated.
The film has been written and directed by Bill Clark, who lives in Seaton, Rutland, and the film began casting last year.
Six-year-old Ellie Copping was just four when her mum, Louisa, saw the advertisement on Facebook for a young actor to play Mr Ray's daughter, Grace.
Louisa said: "There was an advert on a Market... read more
- 18:33 Big Brother’s eye on the health service
- 18:30 Pigeon show celebrates 40 years in resort
- 18:27 Arsenal ace opens up on Burnley victory: This is what we had to do
- 18:27 Former Colne Valley MP Sir Patrick Duffy to receive a papal knighthood
- 18:25 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Wyberton school hosts Ugandan children’s choir
- 18:24 Theresa May is preparing to lose battle at Supreme Court
- 18:24 Arsenal 2 Burnley 1: Alexis Sanchez saves Gunners with last-gasp...
- 18:24 Stars appear at Trainspotting sequel premiere
- 18:22 Rhyl soldier blown up by Taliban in Afghanistan tells of how golf...
- 18:22 Diego Costa’s popularity among the Chelsea squad revealed by...
- 18:20 Mahe Fonua says sorry to Hull FC fans after indifferent second-half
- 18:20 Hull City's Ryan Mason taken to hospital after head injury at Chelsea
- 18:19 Chile forest fires: Troops join fight against worst fires in decades
- 18:19 FEATURE: Chimney fire safety advice
- 18:17 Ever fancied being a landlord? Now is your chance with these pubs...
- 18:16 From record profits to restaurant grants...five business stories...
- 18:15 Arsenal send staff to collect information on Euro 2016 winner:...
- 18:15 Brian Neville obituary
- 18:14 Bidding is open to land £2.75bn contract for HS2's 225mph trains
- 18:12 Yassar Yaqub shooting: Lead investigator meets his family
- 18:12 The Chase’s Paul ‘Sinnerman’ Sinha fulfils all students dreams...
- 18:09 Wall St Week Ahead-Optimism among S&P 500 CEOs as Trump takes power
- 18:09 The Slow and the Furious - gang targeted small hatchbacks in...
- 18:09 Have a peek inside this Gosforth 'Tudor mansion' on sale for £900,000
- 18:09 Drivers braced for delays on A193 in North Shields as bridge repair...
- 18:09 Concern grows for missing man Shaun Bate who was last seen in...
- 18:08 Athletic Bilbao 2-2 Atletico Madrid: Antoine Griezmann rescues...
- 18:08 Alexis Sanchez steps up for Arsenal yet again, the club's owners...
- 18:05 Wales want Principality Stadium roof closed for all Six Nations games
- 18:04 More than 400 parents fined for illegally parking outside Derby...