Ellesmere Port road will remain closed into the night after oil tanker crash
A road in Ellesmere Port will not re-open until later tonight following a huge oil spillage.
Around 7,000 litres of petrol has leaked on to Oil Sites Road in Ellesmere Port after two oil tankers crashed at around 1pm today (Thursday, October 6) near the Boat Museum.
Cheshire Police have closed the road between the Dock Yard Road junction and Pool Lane junction, in both directions.
Read More Ellesmere Port oil tanker crash driver suffers heart attack
It is expected to be closed until later tonight.
Oil Sites Road, Ellesmere Port is closed following an earlier RTC. It is likely to remain... read more
- 18:27 Israel's Netanyahu gives conditional 'No' to meeting Palestinian...
- 18:27 Eyeing re-election, Germany's Merkel takes tougher tone on migrants
- 18:27 Left-wing voter support jumps for former French PM Valls - poll
- 18:26 Everton ace reveals pal's joy at securing Manchester United move
- 18:23 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Plans to demolish Crosby Primary School
- 18:22 Seasonal songs at town concert in Spilsby
- 18:22 Gary Rowett: how Burton Albion helped get full-time football out of...
- 18:22 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austen worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 18:22 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Nottinghamshire Police given £1m to set up business crime hub
- 18:22 Heartbroken parents face devastating Christmas after death of...
- 18:20 Mum's shock as SECOND new baby makes entrance in hospital car park
- 18:20 Your used stamps can be used to help fight against cancer
- 18:19 Christmas stock show at Louth’s Cattle Market
- 18:18 Three people trapped after car and van crash in Narborough Road
- 18:15 Crash between car and lorry causes traffic chaos in Hedon Road, Hull
- 18:15 Jessica Lawson WILL get her colourful memorial bench thanks to...
- 18:14 Flu outbreak closes Stockport high school for five days
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton