Ellesmere Port dad raises almost £12k in one week for life-saving treatment
Almost £12,000 has been raised in one week for an Ellesmere Port dad battling terminal cancer.
Bill Brennan, 52, has been given six months to live after being diagnosed with a rare form of cancer in August.
He is hoping to raise £40,000 to cross the German border to receive one cycle of immunotherapy - a potentially life-saving treatment which is unavailable to him on the NHS.
In trials with skin cancer patients, the treatment is believed to have reduced the most aggressive and deadly type in 69 per cent of patients.
Read More Ellesmere Port dad raising £40k for life-saving cancer treatment... read more
- 06:11 Don’t miss out on chance to have your say on keeping Hartlepool safe
- 06:11 Motorist caught by police while under the influence of drugs
- 06:11 Retirement age for police power station workers to be reviewed
- 06:11 MP calls for services to be brought back to Hartlepool’s hospital
- 06:11 People from Hartlepool in court for charges including theft and...
- 06:11 Hartlepool has one of the highest rates in the North East for...
- 06:09 Karate kids kick off season in style
- 06:09 Playwright aims to tell story of pioneering female footballer
- 06:09 Disabled man’s seat sparks safety row at South Shields flats
- 06:09 South Tyneside has region’s lowest rate of secondary school exclusions
- 06:09 New figures show big increase in cyber sex offences against children
- 06:07 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman praises ‘brilliant’ night at...
- 06:06 Roving night shelter set to launch in Wellingborough soon
- 06:06 Rushden chicken farm plans recommended for refusal
- 06:06 Kettering choir’s fundraising efforts help air ambulance
- 06:06 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:06 Kettering street ‘riddled’ with flies after waste dumped
- 06:05 Roddy Smith: Bidding to be best – how businesses improve the city...
- 06:05 Ilona Amos: Every time you do the laundry you damage the environment
- 06:04 Kids invited to see lambs being born at National Forest Adventure Farm
- 06:02 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp makes HUGE claim about current Reds...
- 05:57 Mitsutoki Shigeta: 'Baby factory' dad wins paternity rights
- 05:56 YEP says: WE need to change our attitude to bus travel
- 05:56 Chelsea news: Cesc Fabregas leaks major Real Madrid transfer deal...
- 05:50 Birmingham City Council criticised over official traveller camp...
- 05:50 Father forced to pay £600 fine for taking child out of school in...
- 05:48 Chelsea ace Olivier Giroud lashes out at former club Arsenal ahead...
- 05:38 Bitcoin CRASH: Retail investors to ‘bear the brunt’ if...
- 05:35 Real Madrid news: Gareth Bale asks to leave Bernabeu alerting Man...
- 05:34 Ex-Cyclone Gita: Christchurch declares state of emergency