Ellesmere Port care home falls a long way short, report discloses
The full extent of the concerns at Atherton Lodge, the Ellesmere Port care home which has been returned to special measures, are disclosed in a detailed report.
The home, on Pooltown Road, which has 40 residents, found itself uncomfortably in the spotlight following visits by inspectors from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Director Sat Pawar of Worcestershire based P A R Nursing Homes says the home is committed to the health, safety and well being of people living there and to improving the service.
But the CQC insists the care provided falls ‘a very long way short’ of what is expected... read more
- 00:13 We Won’t Let the Racists Divide Us
- 00:13 Ziggy Stardust drummer 'expects to see Bowie on stage' when playing...
- 00:13 Theatre reviews: An American In Paris and The Kid Stays In The Picture
- 00:13 Snow set to blanket parts of the North
- 00:13 Book reviews: Exit West, Birdcage Walk and more
- 00:13 10cc's Graham Gouldman: My six best albums
- 00:13 Sharpe novels author Bernard Cornwell: My six best books
- 00:10 Graham Rowntree relishing Lions Tour after England axe: It's...
- 00:07 Powder which sparked major operation in Moray was sent from a...
- 00:05 Japan: Abe ‘lied’ about bungs to fascist school, says head
- 00:05 Ukraine: Putin critic who fled to Kiev ‘killed by Moscow’
- 00:05 Afghanistan: Taliban fighters take key part of Helmand
- 00:05 44 Scotland Street: Waiting for Godot
- 00:05 Praise for public service heroes’ terror response
- 00:05 State-owned banks turn backs on public
- 00:05 Britain ‘in relegation zone’ for new mums
- 00:03 Campaigners call for Trump rival to rethink Highland course
- 00:03 Chief medical officer calls to improvements in cancer care
- 00:03 Police officer took charge of firearms incident ‘from home’
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies