Elderly woman left waiting THREE hours for an ambulance after falling in the street
A family are disgusted after a Lincolnshire pensioner had to wait three hours for an ambulance after falling in the street.
Hazel Baines broke her hip after falling in the street in Grantham.
The 83-year-old, who suffers with dementia, was helped by passersby who dialed 999 at the roadside.
READ MORE: Meet the men creating a beauty business in their back garden
A fast response car was sent out to Hazel but she said she didn't want an ambulance sending so it was diverted elsewhere. But after a second 999 call was made it still took almost two hours for the ambulance to arrive.
Her son Nigel... read more
- 09:08 Manchester United squad for Sevilla trip revealed as boss says...
- 09:08 Caroline Flack has been 'secretly dating' The Apprentice contestant...
- 09:07 Three-quarters of people would support law change on organ donation
- 09:07 Devolution deal rolls on after public have say
- 09:05 Kevin the Carrot gets the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:05 Aldi alcohol advert banned for appealing to children
- 09:05 Wigan fans in the money after cup shock
- 09:05 Legal notice for owner of dangerous Wigan building
- 09:05 Former Doncaster office block goes up in flames in arson attack
- 09:05 KFC crisis is going to continue for some time
- 09:05 Chewing gum advert banned over fears children could copy it and choke
- 09:05 No cash? No worries as Uno Buses launch new contactless service
- 09:04 Ashton Kutcher fasted for a week in the woods after splitting up...
- 09:03 Manchester United tell Real Madrid: David De Gea is not for sale...
- 09:02 ‘I have never felt so terrified’ says Skegness mum
- 09:02 Nantes boss Claudio Ranieri ready to quit if he is offered the...
- 09:02 Thibaut Courtois in talks with Chelsea over new deal but admits...
- 09:01 Scarborough man jailed for grooming vulnerable teen
- 09:01 Former Doncaster office block goes up in flames in arson attack
- 09:01 Police issue update after tram and Poulton woman, 72, collide in...
- 09:01 Kevin the Carrot get the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:00 Former Doncaster office block goes up in flames in arson attack
- 08:58 Four arrested after stolen Macbooks and iPhones recovered
- 08:58 Justin Bieber cheers as his father gets married in beautiful...
- 08:58 Kevin the Carrot get the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 08:58 Stephanie Davis opens up about feeling ‘suicidal’ over Jeremy...
- 08:58 Billingham Town look for brighter new era – after positive EGM
- 08:57 University guide 2018: Brunel University London
- 08:56 Stratford AC youngsters impress in Sportshall final
- 08:56 Three-quarters of people would support law change on organ donation