Elderly woman left waiting THREE hours for an ambulance after falling in the street
A family are disgusted after a Lincolnshire pensioner had to wait three hours for an ambulance after falling in the street.
Hazel Baines broke her hip after falling in the street in Grantham.
The 83-year-old, who suffers with dementia, was helped by passersby who dialed 999 at the roadside.
READ MORE: Meet the men creating a beauty business in their back garden
A fast response car was sent out to Hazel but she said she didn't want an ambulance sending so it was diverted elsewhere. But after a second 999 call was made it still took almost two hours for the ambulance to arrive.
Her son Nigel... read more
- 15:11 Amazon 'style assistant' divides opinion
- 15:11 Cousins who attacked man in Llanrwst caravan appear in court
- 15:10 Neighbours spoiler: Will Piper get sexually assaulted after tense...
- 15:09 QUICK QUIZ: Seven questions about the last seven days...
- 15:09 Tottenham v Arsenal: 11 players could miss north London derby
- 15:09 Four in hospital after van smashed into bus stop in Clydebank
- 15:09 Two arrested after Crich Post Office robbery
- 15:09 Why parents could be entitled to a £2,000 windfall from the Government
- 15:09 Why your Vauxhall Zafira could be a fire risk - and how to check
- 15:09 Customers see their money disappear on Natwest banking app
- 15:09 Why you should never use these names for your children's 'privates'
- 15:09 BREAKING: Midfielder John-Joe O’Toole signs new two-year deal at...
- 15:09 Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko weigh-in before Wembley fight
- 15:08 High Tides April 29 to May 6
- 15:08 VIDEO: The start of the 2017 Tour de Yorkshire
- 15:08 Service to drive up food standards in East Lindsey
- 15:07 Are Navy SEALs in North Korea? Submarine used by crack soldiers...
- 15:05 Russian prosecutor demands jail time for man who played Pokemon in...
- 15:04 RGC have two more 'cup finals' remaining in remarkable season
- 15:04 Liverpool and Everton urged to reconsider bans on reporters from...
- 15:04 Arrest in Northern Cricket League probe
- 15:04 Big support for school’s pool project
- 15:03 Whisky industry plea for assurances as exports rise
- 15:03 Cannabis farm found in Bootle was worth £400,000 a year
- 15:02 Boulmer car park will be closed temporarily
- 15:02 Sturgeon’s EU plans rejected over risk of UK trade barriers
- 15:02 Fashion designer launches business in town after move
- 15:02 Birmingham City LIVE: Harry Redknapp's press conference ahead of...
- 15:02 The Big Sleuth Bear Cub design Competition: Winner announced on...
- 15:01 What’s making Kim Jong Un giggle like an overgrown baby?