Eight months in jail for lorry driver Paul Bury who killed M1 motorist
A trucker was jailed for eight months today after crashing into the back of a van and killing its driver.
A two-year driving ban will start when Paul Bury, 44, is released on licence half-way through his sentence.
Bury had admitted the charge of causing death by careless driving. A jury cleared him of causing death by dangerous driving.
He nodded towards the public gallery as he left the dock at Nottingham Crown Court today, Friday, where he was sentenced by Recorder Paul Mann QC.
Read more: Two women searching for father online discover they're sisters
The man who died was firefighter... read more
- 15:46 Fate of Co-op in Huyton that closed with no explanation revealed
- 15:47 Man who raped teenager sees ‘unduly lenient’ jail term extended
- 15:46 Lancashire homes left without power
- 15:46 For Sale signs up on Liverpool Municipal Buildings
- 15:46 Siblings to climb Ingleborough mountain for hospice
- 15:45 Fire alarm in Skegness sparked by dust
- 15:43 Injury update on Hartlepool United duo
- 15:43 District set to respond to boundary proposals
- 15:42 Rangers boss Mark Warburton shoots down speculation over Wigan job...
- 15:42 Grimsby Town INJURY NEWS: Midfielder set to be out for 'a while'...
- 15:41 Scottish Secretary David Mundell says coming out as gay was 'one of...
- 15:41 Brexit vote hits Bucher's street and sewer cleaning sales
- 15:41 ECB's Nowotny says December meet will decide on QE, what assets to...
- 15:41 Cameron Fields admits murdering Adam Bent in knife attack in...
- 15:40 Winsford company director loses bid to reduce jail term
- 15:40 Student protects teacher by knocking out classmate who punched her...
- 15:39 Emeka Obi appears to confirm Liverpool transfer move on Twitter
- 15:39 Who is Eric Molina the boxer rumoured to face Anthony Joshua in...
- 15:38 Fifty Shades of Grey artwork launched in Nottingham
- 15:38 Is Remembrance only for older veterans?
- 15:36 Ladies vintage watch handed in at Leamington Police Station
- 15:35 Nissan decision to build new Qashqai and X-Trail in Sunderland...
- 15:34 Brexit vote a chance to ‘rebuild’ Scotland’s digital policy
- 15:33 Socialists to fight Rajoy's policies in new Spanish government
- 15:33 Hull City of Culture 2017: How to get free tickets to spectacular...
- 15:32 Help deter unwanted trick or treaters by displaying free poster
- 15:32 Man City prospect Maffeo could be the solution to Guardiola's...
- 15:32 Report highlights work done in Derbyshire to protect people from...
- 15:31 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 15:31 Lancaster MP Cat Smith stands up for bus passengers