Egypt says it killed senior Muslim Brotherhood leader in shootout
Egypt's Interior Ministry said early on Tuesday that it killed a senior Muslim Brotherhood leader it said was responsible for the group's "armed wing" and another member of the group in a shootout on Monday.
Mohamed Kamal, a member of the Muslim Brotherhood's top leadership, had disappeared on Monday afternoon, the group said on its telegram account. The Brotherhood maintains that it is a peaceful organisation.
Kamal had been sentenced to life in prison on two counts in absentia, the ministry said in its statement.
(Reporting by Mostafa Hashem; Writing by Amina Ismail; Editing by... read more
- 01:56 Venezuela says to issue bigger notes 'very soon' as inflation surges
- 01:53 'Sir Bradley Wiggins still has questions to answer': Chris Froome...
- 01:43 Austria's upcoming presidential bid pits far-right populist and...
- 01:36 U.S. president-elect, in break with practice, speaks to Taiwan's...
- 01:30 Hollywood star Steve Martin responds to Newcastle fans' anger in...
- 01:23 Exclusive: U.S. networking company Ixia explores sale - sources
- 01:19 China expresses concern as Yemen's Houthis form government
- 01:14 Winning Express betting scheme investors fear money lost
- 01:14 London's child intensive care units told to delay surgery
- 01:13 Cambridge Rainbow vegetarian cafe refuses new £5 note
- 01:09 Uganda cracks down on 'dissenting' Rwenzururu kingdom
- 01:08 Students call for nap pods at Edinburgh University
- 01:06 Amputee player Tommy McKay nominated for SPFL goal of the month
- 01:02 Christmas dinner costs 'rise 14%'
- 01:00 Money transfer firm WorldRemit eyes new markets, growth
- 01:00 Sirius reapproaches Pandora for a takeover: source
- 00:57 Santa vs Jesus board game 'blasphemous'
- 00:56 Alan Shearer insists 'you don't need to suffer in silence anymore'...
- 00:54 Migrants in Austria will be BANNED from purchasing firearms, under...
- 00:49 Christmas trees: Real or fake?
- 00:46 Sending a postcard from somewhere you've never been
- 00:44 Hayao Miyazaki: Japan's godfather of animation?
- 00:44 Will Spain ever ban bullfighting?
- 00:37 10 Secret Santa gifts you’ll definitely get AGAIN this year
- 00:31 Minimum alcohol pricing 'could improve nation's health'
- 00:31 Sir Edward Heath probe 'not a fishing trip or witch-hunt', police...
- 00:31 Southampton FC contacts police over historical child abuse probe
- 00:31 Post Office at 'crisis point' says union as staff strike over...
- 00:31 Corbyn in call to counter rise of 'political parasites' in the...
- 00:31 Network Rail 'to lose control of track maintenance'