Egypt says has mustered 60 pct of $6 billion required to secure IMF deal
Egypt has mustered 60 percent of the $6 billion required to secure a $12 billion International Monetary Fund (IMF) loan, Prime Minister Sherif Ismail said on Tuesday
The IMF in August agreed in principle to grant Egypt the three-year loan facility to back a government reform programme aimed at plugging a budget gap and rebalancing currency markets. Egypt needs to secure $6 billion in bilateral support before the deal goes to the IMF board for approval.
"There is a problem with the growth rates, the public debt and the budget deficit...and the resources of the state budget is 930... read more
- 15:34 Polish lorry driver in court after Carlisle death crash
- 15:34 Parrots spotted 'living wild' in Doncaster suburb
- 15:34 PICTURES: How the joy of shoes is helping this Sheffield mum...
- 15:33 Bomb squad called to Duffield street after discovery of 'WW2...
- 15:32 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:31 Youngstars: Ella Jackson recognised for her golfing talent by...
- 15:32 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:31 Youngstars: High Tunstall U13s make last 16 of the national ESFA...
- 15:31 Youngstars: Hartlepool’s Table tennis star Joe Cope scoops gold for...
- 15:31 Hartlepool United- Aldershot Town: Jake Cassidy starts for Pools
- 15:31 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:31 Manchester United U23s 1-1 Man City EDS highlights as James Wilson...
- 15:31 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:30 How the meticulous work of Celtic scout David Moss and the x-factor...
- 15:29 Football fans snap up Bradley Lowery Sunderland shirt
- 15:28 Boozed-up man must pay £305 after damaging hospital door
- 15:28 Chris Tarrant: 'I had the worst holiday at THIS popular destination'
- 15:28 You will be upgraded on all flights if you have this specific kind...
- 15:27 Free hedge-laying course in the Countess of Chester Country Park
- 15:27 Lost explorer Benedict Allen ‘never gave up’ on seeing his...
- 15:26 Arsene Wenger explains why it could be impossible for Arsenal to...
- 15:25 Lessons about shared history
- 15:25 John Terry shows his commitment to Aston Villa - even when he is...
- 15:25 Semi professional footballer tried to rob taxi driver at knifepoint
- 15:24 'Serious' fire alarm fault fixed as Blackpool school set to reopen
- 15:24 Details announced for Christmas lights switch-on celebration
- 15:24 The Yorkshire Post says: What Yorkshire needs from the Budget
- 15:24 Firms launch new calendar to boost LIVES
- 15:22 Man arrested after man 'shot in the back' in alleged murder bid
- 15:22 The Resistance Now: activists plan to protest the Republican tax bill